LOCKED KEYS - Open your FJ60 in 30 minutes using 12mm wrench and a flathead screwdriver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What about hiding a key underneath in the frame or somewhere
We used to have a magnetic box in the frame of my mom’s Aerostar van when I was growing up. I had to reach in there on more than one occasion.

My first toyota pickup in high school someone disabled the handle door close thing where it prevents you from locking your keys in your truck. I got so good at unlocking that thing with a coat hanger that it carried on to all of my other 1980s toyotas. The coat hanger with a small 3/4 inch J on the end can open up a 1980s toyota in like 2 min or less.

My first toyota pickup in high school someone disabled the handle door close thing where it prevents you from locking your keys in your truck. I got so good at unlocking that thing with a coat hanger that it carried on to all of my other 1980s toyotas. The coat hanger with a small 3/4 inch J on the end can open up a 1980s toyota in like 2 min or less.
On my Toyota pickup I just leave the back slider unlocked in case of a emergency. On my LC I wish I could do the same thing.

I once worked in a pawnshop in the hood near Atlanta. We had a catalogue full of chintzy things we could buy in bulk to fill the shelves. We had several people lock their keys in the car one summer so my boss decided to buy a hand full of those flat door lock jimmies. Sold like hotcakes. One day our local sheriff and pawn detective came in and said “while it’s completely legal to sell them, we would really like it if you’d stop. We’ve had about a hundred break ins within the last few months and we’ve been told by several people we’ve caught that they obtained the tool from you.” My boss was mortified!

I once worked in a pawnshop in the hood near Atlanta. We had a catalogue full of chintzy things we could buy in bulk to fill the shelves. We had several people lock their keys in the car one summer so my boss decided to buy a hand full of those flat door lock jimmies. Sold like hotcakes. One day our local sheriff and pawn detective came in and said “while it’s completely legal to sell them, we would really like it if you’d stop. We’ve had about a hundred break ins within the last few months and we’ve been told by several people we’ve caught that they obtained the tool from you.” My boss was mortified!
Hah! So those things do work. Ive been wanting to get one for emergencies. They still sell them at every Loves truck stop ive ever been to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom