Lock out interchang ability? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey 40 know it alls does any one know if 40 hubs (aisins) will fit on mini truck axles?
Thanks

It depends. 79 and later FJ40 Aisin hubs will work on non-IFS mini truck axles.

o yeah sorry i didn't give all the info there axles from a solid axle mini truck, and the hubs are from a 74 fj40. that might help a bit.

aisins on a 74 are swapped in. The rig has disks up front correct?

They will work fine..

There is one issue potentialy, There were some long Aisins produced. I have never seen one in person. But they do exist. and it is possible that you have a set. But I seriously doubt it..

the guy says its got drum breaks will they still work??? i found the add on craigslist and have been emailing back and forth with the guy.

probably not aisins..

Get a pic..

Could be a 08/75 and later non-USA 40 series drum brake front axle...it could then have the long body Toyota lock out.... :)

Could be a 08/75 and later non-USA 40 series drum brake front axle...it could then have the long body Toyota lock out.... :)
Why would someone swap a 74 crappy drum brake axle for an overseas crappy drum brake axle??? :D

(stranger things have happened lol)

Why would someone swap a 74 crappy drum brake axle for an overseas crappy drum brake axle??? :D

(stranger things have happened lol)

Craigslist man....who's to say that someone did not bring something into the USA and cut it up?

I would not rule anything out Jason.

Who knows what it is without seeing it?

:beer:

Like I said, stranger things have happened :D

and yeah, JDM stuff is cool, I finally have a single JDM piece (first ever ;) )

he said it's an aisin ill have him measure it how long are the long one's?
or for that matter sence i know many of you are multi cruiser owners will any of the other yota aisins fit the minis?

Last edited:
It depends. 79 and later FJ40 Aisin hubs will work on non-IFS mini truck axles.

+1 ,

I'm in the same boat and trying not to have to buy used hubs for a hundred bux or new ones for 200 bux. All I need are the basic rebuild parts like detent springs, ball and larger internal spring. Even the stealer doesn't carry them. They wanna sell you hubs for 325 bux......

he said it's an aisin ill have him measure it how long are the long one's?
or for that matter sence i know many of you are multi cruiser owners will any of the other yota aisins fit the minis?

Longer ones are roughly 2.28" from mounting surface to crown where bolts enter.

Shorter ones measured around 1.8", not quite 1/2" shorter.

Both fine splined

What I don't get is (please correct me if I'm wrong on this) that FJ60 birfs are longer than FJ40's by more than 1/2", and mini birfs are longer than FJ60's by what seems more than a 1/2"?

The hubs must all be different lengths also?

Last edited:
60 birfs are the same length as a mini birf..

Late 40 birfs are the same length as a mini/60 birf.

78 and older birfs are longer..

60 birfs are the same length as a mini birf..

Late 40 birfs are the same length as a mini/60 birf.

78 and older birfs are longer..

I never had minis, 60's or 40's in front of me at the same time.

must have confused the older birfs

any idea why the different length Aisin's

because the older disk braked axles 76 to 78 LC birfs were longer.

Also, as Poser said, outside the US they got drum brakes and Aisins..

so just to clarify for my self so i don't spend an @$$ load of money on parts i can't use any thing after 79 will fit?

IIRC, if your gonna use mini or 4 runner parts then you can use years 79 -85. I do not believe IFS parts are interchangeable..

yup i know that much but are all the solid axle hubs swapable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom