Vintage TOYOTA LOCKSMITH SHOP T-TEN Certified & Trained Lock & Key Cylinder Service & Repair, Factory SST Machine Code-Cutting Re-Key & Re-Coding (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1.1 key gif.gif

Last edited:
in the process of putting together the unobtainable in Lock and Key repair , a FULL NOS Set of 1985 FJ60 Locks all keys allike for

another member , turning out to be a but kicker , but we are making progress , got the rear hatch , fuel door , and passenger side front

door all re-keyed / re coded tonight , had to hit the old T-Ten books for the rear hatch , whip out a SST i have not touched in over 20+ years !

Is it common for rear hatch to be keyed differently than the rest of the locks? I've never been able to open mine (JDM HJ61) with my key, but it works fine with the electric locks…

Is it common for rear hatch to be keyed differently than the rest of the locks? I've never been able to open mine (JDM HJ61) with my key, but it works fine with the electric locks…

its either keyed differently , or damaged inside and wont accept a key u have

I have a 1968 FJ55and the ignition key was long gone. Working with Matt also determined that it did not use the FJ40 ignition switch. After some head scratching and Matt talking to some knowledgeable people found the correct type of key. Matt had to even make changes to his equipment to cut the key. Most would say sorry no can do, but not Matt. If you want a set of keys done right the first time than drop Matt a post, he'll meet your needs.

Is it at all possible to have it keyed the same as the rest of the locks?

a Replacement Push Button Face Cap is NLA , u have to pry the existing one off to Re-Code / re-Key it

i am forever on the Hunt for Vintage Toyota Lock & Key repair supplies , if i find the face caps , i will be sure to post it here

-Hi Folks ,

Perhaps its time for a Formal Introduction ,

My name is Matt , I Own & Run a Small Vintage Toyota Themed Specialty Shop Just Outside Washington DC .

Named Rising Sun Mechanical

3 Years Ago a Idea popped in my head after reading a 40 Series owner lost his Keys and was stranded

" Somewhere out there on the Perimeter where there are No Stars ....."

i decided to embark on a Mission to Re-pair , Re-Code , & Re-Key Vintage Toyota Locks & Keys Once again

I Received my Formal Lock & Key Training During my attendance at Toyota's Corporate Sponsored College Level T-Ten

( Toyota Technical Education Network ) Master Technician program , @ both My local Community College in Baltimore County &

Finally Graduating in 1998 from Penn state .

while Lock & key Repair Training was only a small Repair Module in Random Semester , I enjoyed The mechanical nature of it and

problem solving like a puzzle Results of final end product details .........

Im taking The Time to Share some of my Back ground this morning so you my Current Clients , Friends and potential Customers

to be , can Read this and hopefully gain some initial incite .

I also Noticed a new Modern Big- Faceless Lock Smith Moved into the small business storefront last night , and it seams they claim to do it all ?

So parts of what i wanted to accomplish was Communicate what i specialize in and what i dont :

- I no longer Will Cut The single sided first generation keys due to the failure rate of over 50 + %

this is due to the lock cylinder having brass tumblers that wear out over time , the Newer double sided keys use steel tumblers

-starting in 1973 Toyota Introduced the new updated Double sided key to the ignition and fuel door lock , the in 1975 added them to the side doors as well

- The same double sided key profile TR-37 or XR-137 was used all the way through FJ62 / 1990

- after Fj62 , came Fj80 and TOYOTA's introduction of the TR-40 Profile Complex key to cust and work on .........

- My Specialty Skill-set , Formal Corporate Toyota Training and Tools of the Trade Im outfitted with to date is Solely :

1973 - 1974 FJ40 Fj55 , 1975 FJ40 Fj45 FJ55 - 12/84 FJ40 , 1981-1989/87 FJ60 and 10/87 - 9/90 FJ62

I am not outfitted to work on anything newer then 1991 at this time

- so 1973-1990 , Thats 17 solid years of Locks and Keys and most of the membership on i hate mud ..

- Thanks to The Continued Support , Trust & Belief I have the Continued invitation By the 40 and 60/62 Community to

participate in and help Preserve and Restore a small but important part of the Vintage Toyota Community

here on Ih8Mud

Fall 2018 I was able to purchase a 2nd hand Dealership SST Computerized Code Cutting Key Machine , to help better serve the

membership as a whole with There Lock & Key Need's

I just wanted to take a Moment and say Thanks .............

Kindly , Matt

TR20_Toyota_Key_Blank 1.jpg

Last edited:
2018 was a Pioneering year for My Lock & Key Service So much so , i was Able to invest in a 2Nd Hand TOYOTA STT Code

Cutting Machine , producing Textbook PLANT AII CRISP , SHARP , TRUE CODE CUT KEYS :grinpimp:

I Plan on Continuing this conversation in next few days , so stay tuned ......

in the Mean time ,
please enjoy some recent Lock & key Inspired Artistic Vintage toyota theme shots ......

1 BANNER 69510-60010 1 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom