Lock idea for home made half doors. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Saw this at northern and thought for the price they might do the job. $10 dollars each

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...isplay?storeId=6970&productId=357021&R=357021

332310_lg.jpg

Might also be a replacement for locks on soft top doors.

or this one for $8 non locking

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...isplay?storeId=6970&productId=357022&R=357022

stainless for 20

33231_lg.jpg

Last edited:
is the top off.
hope its not to keep the thiefs out, more just to discourage?
when i got my top off and go to the store i feel like its a sitting duck waiting to be robbed

camcruiser13 said:
is the top off.
hope its not to keep the thiefs out, more just to discourage?
when i got my top off and go to the store i feel like its a sitting duck waiting to be robbed

I'd say a lock on a half door equals a slice in the soft top.:mad:

Locks are fine to keep people from snooping around. Thieves would not be slowed up by those locks... I would go for what you want. I like the locking option personally.

But like it has been said before, locks only keep honest people honest.

Good Luck!

Rezarf <><

Hey! I just installed a pair of those for my tailgate I'm making. I was hoping to be the only one using those handles. I really like em!

Yeah I'm planning on building a slider tray for the rear and thought these might be nice to use to keep it closed.

Heck I don't even lock my cruiser. There is nothing to steal. Except my old cd player and I'd be happy to have an excuse to buy a new pullout one.

On trips where I think the whole vehicle might get stolen. I carry the rotor button in my pocket:D

At home I park my DD behind it.

It would be kind of funny to see someone try to steal it. In the ten minutes it would take them to start it from being cold, the backfires it makes when try to go before it's warmed up and all the noise the locker and the muffler makes I think I would have enough time to run out an either shoot them or beat the crap out of them (I get the choice:D )

Mine stay's in the garage most of the time. The handles have locks, because they came with all the parts when I bought my cruiser, but no keys. Not sure I'll be getting keys made or replacing the locks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom