Local wiring guru needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have some things to wire and re-wire on my rig. I have selected a set of rocker switches and have a gang of relays on hand. I can probably pull this off, but I wouldn't mind a set of experienced eyes and hands.

If you are up for wiring some rock lights, in cab winch controls, reverse lights etc. I would appreciate either a hand or a set of nice wiring diagrams. I can give you more specs on the hardware if a guru emerges :D

Thanks for your consideration.

I have some things to wire and re-wire on my rig. I have selected a set of rocker switches and have a gang of relays on hand. I can probably pull this off, but I wouldn't mind a set of experienced eyes and hands.

If you are up for wiring some rock lights, in cab winch controls, reverse lights etc. I would appreciate either a hand or a set of nice wiring diagrams. I can give you more specs on the hardware if a guru emerges :D

Thanks for your consideration.

Alia176 is an electrical engineer....

I wonder if he's wired anything up on his LC?

;p

Also, Ruadhigh is also known as a electrical guru as well.....

-o-

Oops

Jon... Is there any way to ressurrect post #4. I accidentally deleted it.

Last edited:
I had an inside winch control on both my 4Runner and the xcab. The control boxes were different. The 4Runner's old winch was a three wire design and real easy to modify for inside use. The xcab, and the new winch on the 4Runner is a 5 wire design and a bit more complicated. Sure wish I made notes on how I wired it up. A multi-meter is required to figure this out. I did install a safety switch, but I had them mounted on the side of the solenoid box, which was mounted under the hood. I seem to recall it was a simple SPST switch that went through the ground wire.

There is a lighted factory fog light switch that is not too expensive. Part 00550-35976, about $9.50 from Dan. It fits the mini-truck cutouts perfect. I have one you can look at.

Who/ what is EPO, Mike????????????????

I need to do some stuff as well- where/ what is EPO??

Electronic Parts Outlet. Rhode Island & Menaul.
They have a decent selection of switches, hobby boxes, wiring stuff, and electronic type tools (soldering irons and whatnot).

Not much with automotive though.
-Mike-

Slee off road site has a nice 5 pin winch remote control circuit. I followed it to do mine and works out quite well.

Never heard it called EPO, but I deal with Electronic Parts almost daily. Very resourceful guys.

If you go to EP ask for Jim, or Tony. Good guys that understand getting the right part the first time.

Thanks Guys!

Good place to get switches, etc., including the exotic, is the surplus store on Central- NOT Jones Surplus, the dude who owns it is a jerk- world-class wierdo!
the store further west on central has tons of stuff, I assume from the labs or the base, lots of diff. switches and components-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom