Local trails from Bruiser Forum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Adelaide, S. Australia: Lightforce Country
Website
www.lightforce.com
Here are some local trails from the Bruiser site. It is ever changing, so more will be added later. If you know of some please post up and I will add it to our forum.

Have fun guys.

-Ben

Trail Name: Dictum Ridge
Trail Location: Dry River (GWNF) West of Harrisonburg, VA
Legality: It is A-ok to off-road here... Stay on the trail.
Trail Length: ~3 or 4 miles all uphill (or downhill depending on your direction).
Rating (1-5): 3 (this trail will prolly require a small lift, and/or a truck you don't mind banging up on the rocks).

How to get there: Turn right into a driveway off Rt 33 just after 2nd Mtn Road. The trail head it 15 feet up the driveway on your left. Or, you can approach from above off the long windy mountain road.

Additional Notes: Rock rails and skids are a must. And, a good spotter will be very useful. There are two dirt berms at the bottom of the trail...

Trail Name: Green Ridge (standard loop)
Trail Location: Green Ridge State Forest - Flintstone, MD
Trail Length: 18 mile loop
Rating (1-5): 1

Here is the Green Ridge web-site
Maryland DNR Forest Service - Green Ridge State Forest

Here is a vehicle use map I found for GWNF.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/gwj/maps_brochures/20080207-mvum-final.pdf

Here is a good printable map of the ORV trails
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/outdooradventures/greenridge_ORVmap.pdf

Last edited:
Trail Name: Rausch Creek Off Road Park
Trail Location: Tremont, PA
Legality: 100%, but expect to pay
Trail Length: 1,700 acres of trails
Rating (1-5): From 2 - 5.

How to get there: I-81N about 30 minutes north of Harrisburg, PA take exit 104 or 107

When going to Rausch Creek take note that if you want a cheap decent hotel room, go to the Pine Grove Comfort Inn at Exit 100. Call them and ask for the Rausch Creek rate. They have a very good negotiated rate with Rausch Creek. For example this past weekend, the AAA rate was $107 for a non-smoking 2 queen room. The RC rate was $57.

Additional Notes: The signs for most Green trails are a little misleading, especially on your first trip. Mild rocks means mild for Ben's rig.
Rausch Creek Off Road Park

Trail Name: Poplar Lick ORV
Trail Location: Cumberland, MD
Legality: Part of the MD, DNR
Trail Length: 16 Miles (Out & Back)
Rating (1-5): From 1 - 2

How to get there:
On I-68 head to Exit 24 and follow to the New Germany/Savage River State Forest. Go past the New Germany State Park entrance and turn left on Big Run Road for 4 miles turning left again and head 4 miles, taking a left on Savage River Road. After another 4 miles and a left turn onto Poplar Lick Run ORV road and park.

Trail Description:
The trail starts with several creek crossings on the Poplar Lick Run ORV trail. Follow this trail for about 5 miles climbing gradually. At a gate, turn right and continue straight then bear left at 5.8 miles onto a green trail. After crossing a bridge make a left onto a yellow trail. Come to a Y in the trail, stay left - a right will take you back to the bridge. Turn to the right and continue on a green trail eventually making a left. Follow the green trail over a wood bridge. Turn right onto road and bear right at Y. At 7.3 miles turn right onto the red trail. Turn left on to the light blue trail. At 9.0 miles follow the green trail at 9.6 follow the blue trail turning left going through a gate then left again continuing downhill. At this point you're back on the Poplar Lick ORV trail and continue for about 5 miles - nearly all downhill until you reach the parking lot!!

poplarmap.gif

-Ben

Last edited:
Thanks Ben!

Trail Name: Green Ridge (standard loop)
Trail Location: Green Ridge State Forest - Flintstone, MD
Trail Length: 18 mile loop
Rating (1-5): 1

Here is the Green Ridge web-site
Maryland DNR Forest Service - Green Ridge State Forest

Here is a vehicle use map I found for GWNF.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/gwj/maps_brochures/20080207-mvum-final.pdf

Here is a good printable map of the ORV trails
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/outdooradventures/greenridge_ORVmap.pdf

Do you have to have a MD ORV pass to go here or can I just go?

Hijack to list another trail near Western Maryland just north of Uniontown PA little town called Connellsville Pa.

Trail Name: Casparis Mine Trail
Trail Location: Connellsville Pa
Legality: PA forest service other private areas well posted just stay on the main trail.
Trail Length: 10 - 15 miles approx
Rating (1-5): From 1-4 with bypasses

How to get there:

Take 40 West to Uniontown PA get on 119 North to Connellsville PA Right Casparis Rd is right off of McCormick Ave.

Trail Description:
South of town is a road called Casparis Rd which runs to an old mine which is huge. Just before the mine you can run a loop trail for hours lots of mud and a couple good but short hill climbs. Stay on the PA trail and you will be fine all legal. Plenty of bypasses for the deeper mud spots. I am lifted 2.5" 35's and it was up to my headlights. A little tight for my 80 but well worth it the scratches just buffed out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom