Local specialty nuts and bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

airon23

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys, have any of you come across a good place locally for replacement bolts for Toyotas? More specifically FJ40, and even more specifically I'm looking for exhaust manifold bolts the 2 end ones to bolt on some headers. The original manifold just covered those 2 front and back exhaust manifold bolt holes, but for the header I'll need them. I haven't really been able to find good replacement bolts at auto stores or Home depot or Lowes, so do I just need to order them online is that my best bet? Thanks in advance.

I would never use autopart store, Lowes or Home Depot fasteners on mechanical components of a vehicle. To my knowledge no one local carries JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) bolts. Fastenal and Ace have a great selection of grade 8 or better metric hardware. Overland Metric carries some impressive stuff as does Belmetric. Toyota still carries some fasteners for the FJ40. I got my flywheel bolts from Dolan. Man-a-Fre/BTB sells exhaust header bolts to go with their performance header and I bet Kurt over at Cruiser Outfitters could probably hook you up too.

Fastenal is right down the street from WIPI I get all kinds of oddball bolts and air fittings for German, Japanese and Slovenian equipment from both of them. (Yes we have equipment made in Slovenia.)
Carter Brothers on South Virginia carries an extensive inventory of metric bolts, I found an exhaust stud for a Corolla there on a Sunday afternoon when everything else was closed. I think I would make Carter Brothers my first stop if I were you.

BTW WIPI will make hydraulic lines while you wait if you need a power steering hose. The price will be less than OEM and the quality will be as good or better. IIRC they are open Saturdays with limited hours.

If you have a bit more time CruiserCorps, I think, sells a whole "kit" of various bits for 40/60s on their site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom