Local Source for Split case rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HemiAlex

Long live the 2F
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
yotaoilfilters.com
I'm willing to pay money, or good beer and lots of pizza.

I've rebuilt manual gear boxes before, but not a transfer case. I've got a leak from the transmission into the t case. My trans gets low and the t case overfills. It poured out of the fill hole when I checked it for the first time months ago.

If I pull it apart for seals, its getting a full rebuild. It's got almost 300k on it, its time.

Either way, has anyone done it or knows of an affordable place to get it knocked out. I can remove and replace it myself.

Last edited:
It's not that hard to do. The FSM outlines the procedure very well, and if you have access to a press it would be easy. I think the parts are pretty hard to mix up. Everything is different sizes, fits back together like a big puzzle.

1818200025-waterboy_2.jpg

Have you done it @klinetime574 ? I've got a rebuild kit for my split case that i'll have to get to here in the next few weeks.

Yes I rebuilt mine when I installed my H55F. Didn't have a press so I got some help with that, but everything else was me. :D @richxd87

I just picked up a lower mileage H42F from a local guy, so lets bump this.

Is anyone willing to help me do the transfer case rebuild in the near future? I'm not opposed to resealing it and fixing the other leaks, but it would be nice to finish all at once.

It is fairly easy to do... I have done mine 3X, twice for tranny changes. Last time I used the link below cause it has lots of pictures. Got the kits from George @orangefj45 , great guy all around.

Transfer Assembly with Pictures

Too bad I am in Austin if not I'd offer to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom