Local shops to your area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.oldenorthstatecruisers.com
Eric(erymer) brought up a good point. I am starting this thread to provide shop information (whatever way it pertains to providing cruiser assistance) throughout NC. As the information is gathered i will follow up with a sticky thread sorting the work and general geographic areas out for everyone including shop numbers and addresses. I know some of the information may become duplicate but information thats easily found makes it easier for all of us.

Last edited:
Engine/Drivetrain
John West Auto Service Inc & Machine Shop
3216 Lake Woodard Drive, Raleigh, NC 27604
(919) 250-0825

Boyce McCaskill Auto Service
3316 Hobby Court, Raleigh, NC 27604
(919) 878-6116

Exhaust
Henry's Muffler Shop
1823 East Millbrook Road, Raleigh, NC 27609
(919) 872-8545

Henry's Muffler Shop
2202 Capital Boulevard, Raleigh, NC 27604
(919) 832-7022

Parts
T-Hoff Inc
1109 North West Street, Raleigh, NC 27603
(919) 833-8671

Sandblasting
Area Sandblasting
(919) 266-9017

Top Coat
6001 Triangle Drive, Raleigh, NC 27617
(919) 787-0302
Top Coat

Last edited:
southerncruiser62 said:
Eric(erymer) brought up a good point. I am starting this thread to provide shop information (whatever way it pertains to providing cruiser assistance) throughout NC. As the information is gathered i will follow up with a sticky thread sorting the work and general geographic areas out for everyone including shop numbers and addresses. I know some of the information may become duplicate but information thats easily found makes it easier for all of us.

Good idea Greg. Wish I knew more trustworthy people around here that were as competent with various aspects of cruiser work as they think / say they are!

EDIT: Good idea erymer!! :cheers:

Last edited:
And that's exactly why I thought I thread like this would be helpful. This way we can take info from other cruiser owners who have used some of these shops before.

just got my windshield frame and fender apron back from Ellis plastic media blasting. They did a great job and even removed 4 rusted bolts that I couldn't budge. They had a 1 day turnaround and all of it was only $40. They will definately be getting the rest of my parts for work.

Ellis Plastic Media Blasting
1017 Tarrant Road
Greensboro, NC 27409
336-855-1632

who would you guys recommend for lift kit work?

I am in greensboro and am looking to put on a 4 in lift. Not right away, but within the next year. I plan on running 33's. I don't want to do anything drastic as long as I am still running the stock engine.

This is exactly why i said we need a wrench turning weekend everyonce in awhile here. They are not hard to do.

good deal. I take it you've done a couple before. I am thinking of installing a set of shackles before I get to that point to give me a little more clearance. So I might need to pick your brain a bit. Thanks for all of your help so far. I would definately be up for a wrenching weekend.

Ya i've done a few of them. Go to the 45 site on here and look at my 45 build up, from the ground up.

seats

About getting seats go to Jackson Auto salvage on poole rd in Raleigh. they will let you go out in there lot and look and have never charged more then $200 bucks for top notch seats

If you need your whole car stripped and powdered coated try these guys. I had a 12 ft roof rack diped and coated by both of these companys. They are right next to each other. You can drop off your item at the stipper and then they can take it to the powder coater down the street!
Advanced Powder coatings http://www.advancedpowdercoatings.com/
Carolina Chem-Strip http://www.chem-strip.com/

Hey guys,
Anybody know of a good Toyota/LC mechanic within an hour of Charlotte. I need to replace my oil pan gasket. I have the tools and the space just not the time to do it. I don't trust my local dealership. They told me they never see LC's as old as mine in there for service (basically they said we can do it but you might want to go elsewhere). I may still try to do this myself unless I find a shop to do it for a reasonable price.

You are talking about the 80 right ?

I would not trust anyone down here my way for that but maybe the dealership.

Not too sure though, they had never seen a 45 before in there.

Darin,
Yes, I am referring to the 80. You have been keeping up, I haven't even added the 100 to my sig line yet. BTW, VERY nice job on the 45!

Anyone know of a toyota tech that drives an 80 or LC in general?

Darin,

Do you know anything about that "Toyota" shop on the south end of Bragg Blvd.? The one with the "TRD" sign. He is located before Bragg becomes Robeson.

No but i might have to go down that way one day and see what all he knows.

I also looked at the 40 on post the other day and it was about a 4,000 dollar truck at the most, not 10,000.

No but i might have to go down that way one day and see what all he knows.

I also looked at the 40 on post the other day and it was about a 4,000 dollar truck at the most, not 10,000.

I was just curious about the guy's shop. I guess I will stop by too.

I agree with you on the 40 at the lemon lot. It is not bad but it is not worth $12,000 either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom