Local shop for re-arching leaf springs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Jade Bean

Figuring out life still.
SILVER Star
Threads
Hey peeps! We bought an '86 Hilux for our company in Honduras and I'm fixing it up before I ship it down there. The rear leaf springs are bit tired from years of service and I'm looking for a place to have them re-arched back to OEM specs. Does anyone have suggestions?

image-2893159943.jpg

image-3185008981.jpg

Thanks all!

-Daniel Kent

image-2893159943.jpg

image-3185008981.jpg

Daniel, I have used Champion Spring in Fort Worth for this in the past with good results. They are an old-time leaf spring company and they know what they're doing as far as I can tell.

From their business card (they're too old-fashioned to have a web site I think):

Fort Worth Champion Spring Service
1117 Henderson
Fort Worth, TX 76102

817-332-2115

Thanks 1911! I'll give them a call.

-Daniel Kent

I think Id also have them add a leaf. Mike

I'm assuming that's for greater pay load capacity, which would be a good idea since it'll be a work truck!

-Daniel Kent

Re-arching springs is only a temporary fix. They will sag out in about a year, less if used hard.

Re-arching springs is only a temporary fix. They will sag out in about a year, less if used hard.

This is the first I've heard of this. What would you recommend then? The truck is going to be worked hard and driven on rough trails and "roads". Thanks!

-Daniel Kent

This is the first I've heard of this. What would you recommend then? The truck is going to be worked hard and driven on rough trails and "roads". Thanks!

-Daniel Kent

In Latin America they sell new leaf springs for these supercheap,if I remember correctly the last complete set of 4 leaf packages I bought I payed around 180$ for all of them,

Down there even the Jeep guys are buying these to lift there CJ5 and CJ7's

Va a la tienda del chino:grinpimp:

In Latin America they sell new leaf springs for these supercheap,if I remember correctly the last complete set of 4 leaf packages I bought I payed around 180$ for all of them,

Down there even the Jeep guys are buying these to lift there CJ5 and CJ7's

Va a la tienda del chino:grinpimp:

Va a la tienda del chino... FUNNY.

Most everything is super cheap there as long as it didn't get imported from the US. For this time we are trying to get the Hilux up to speed before we ship it down there so I can have peace of mind that I won't likely have to worry about approving repairs or upgrades for a while. :D

-Daniel Kent

Maybe its just me but I have pulled off all my Rancho shocks, just didnt like their ride. Where are those springs made? Mike

Maybe its just me but I have pulled off all my Rancho shocks, just didnt like their ride. Where are those springs made? Mike

It looks like the shocks are made by Tough Country which makes lifts I believe.

-Daniel Kent

Well if the roads you will be on are like the Costa Rica roads I ride each summer Im not sure it will matter. Costa Rica hasnt hardly got more than a couple of good roads. If you re-arch Id add stiff helpers but new would be better if your going to load it up, esp. on dirt roads. Mike

Yeah most of "roads" are barely worthy of being called that. Sadly all the vehicles there are abused just by driving them normally. Anyway pretty sure I'm going with the above list and just hope for the best! :D Thanks everybody.

-Daniel Kent

I was gonna say Bucks spring and wheel is in down town fort worth too and they also do good work. I had them re-arch a set of springs as did a buddy of mine. and his was on a 97 dodge 2500 about 3-4 years ago and he has severely loaded his truck down and they still sit perfect. They had sagged so far they were all the way on the overload spring that normally never touches anything.

Daniel, I really dig your new truck!! What did you do with the pop up camper top?

Thanks bro! The pop up camper top is for sale if anyone is interested. Not sure what its worth, but it's really cool and solid.

-Daniel Kent

Thanks bro! The pop up camper top is for sale if anyone is interested. Not sure what its worth, but it's really cool and solid.

-Daniel Kent

Roger that, I thought it looked good on there. I understand what you will be using the truck for though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom