LOCAL Resources for Service, Parts, Tools, Supplies, Services Etc. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did they quote you a price? You can check with the custom functionz guys... they clean blast and coat. If you brought them to the meeting, I could take them there for you.

I called them and I think they were going to charge me double since the 80 exhaust manifold is 2 pieces.

I just emailed them pics of everything I want done so we'll see what they come back with. I also heard back from the folks Sam mentioned and they seem to want to get started in this so I got a quote from them for $300 for the manifolds and heat shields. I think I'm going to go with the Magnaflow y pipe and cat and I'm going to ask both to quote coating that as well. The guy I talked to at PD said he'd like to get in with the club so if I go with them I'll see if I can hit them up for a donation of services for the BBRC raffle.

I just emailed them pics of everything I want done so we'll see what they come back with. I also heard back from the folks Sam mentioned and they seem to want to get started in this so I got a quote from them for $300 for the manifolds and heat shields. I think I'm going to go with the Magnaflow y pipe and cat and I'm going to ask both to quote coating that as well. The guy I talked to at PD said he'd like to get in with the club so if I go with them I'll see if I can hit them up for a donation of services for the BBRC raffle.

It will kink in a normal bender. Usually the thinner tubing is mandrel bent.

a few years ago i bent 2" exhaust tubing in the bender and it mostly worked. It only kinked a little. I haven't personally bent stainless.

Are custom exhaust shops likely using pre-bent mandrel tube then cutting and welding or do they have mandrel tubing benders in house? I wouldn't know if a mandrel bender is $1000 or $100,000.

Do tell. My google search foo has come up with nothing. I hate searching for shops to do this kind of work/service. There's always one bad review among the many good and it just puts me off.

Maybe Forge Specialties should start doing mandrel bent custom exhausts. :idea:

Last edited:
Now that Jorge is no longer around, I need a shop who will paint the rear quarter and one hardtop side along with inner and outer of two "new" hard doors with single stage Nasson. Maaco wants to use two stage paint of a different brand but I don't want the hassle of mismatch/discoloration of clear coat 2 years down the road. I have body seams that help to isolate the sections being painted to minimize blending concerns, and I have a partial can of leftover paint. Enough to use to get a close match, but not enough to do more than the quarter panel and maybe the hardtop side if spread thin.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks

I have used Mr. Spoiler in Manassas and it is a top-notch shop. I found him through the Miata club and they all use him. Highly recommended. My name may or may not help you out. Ask for Dan the owner.

Thanks Bart!

I have the one you speek of and really like it. But it out on load right now. When I get it back you are welcome to use it.

If anyone needs any Media/Sand Blasting done hit me up! I'm mobile and can come to you.
Check us out on the web at www.Resto-Blast.com

Thanks
Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom