Local recommended powertank filling station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So it was good to see many of you all this past weekend.

I run 37 x 12.5 x 17 tires and have as long as I can remember on my 80.

going on the street I run about 34 to 35 psi. Even though with my bead locks I could run really low pressures I never drop below 22 or 20 when I deflate for wheeling or at the beach because it just takes so damn long to fill these huge things back up.

that of course is asinine. But as I squatted for nearly 30 minutes to fill four tires on the way home at a local service station going from 20 to 35 psi I decided no more.

I was contemplating doing onboard air and compressor and decided to pull the trigger on a 15 pound powertank setup.

it appears fire extinguisher and other gas places offer such filling services - do you have any you recommend in our area or have used personally?

I’ve used Maryland fire Supply in Rockville,MD for the past 5yrs to fill my 10/15lb tanks. My tanks are aluminum. After 4yrs, they‘ll pressure test the tank and stamp it for another 4yrs. I avoid filling up at Roberts Oxygen because they will replace your tank with a used steel one.

I use Robert’s Oxygen in Winchester and Matherson’s in Manassas with no problems but I have an aluminum beverage tank they will ask if they can just exchange it.
my 30 lb tank last me a year or 2.

update:
* airgas, et al, will only exchange for other tanks, not refill yours/return yours
* scotty's no longer does co2. says their insurance won't cover.

Bob at scotty's gave me ref to:

F & M Fire Protection Service, Inc.
4715 Rhode Island Avenue
Hyattsville, MD 20781-2207
Phone: 301-277-6655
Toll Free: 1-800-206-8400
info@fandmfire.com
Hours of Operation:
Our office is open Monday thru Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
We are closed Saturday & Sunday

I just called and they do return your tanks and will do 24 hr turn around. Will let you know how it goes.

The two places Chris made reference to in manassas will fill while you wait. Don’t remember exact dollar amount but never felt like it to much

I can get my tanks filled while I wait at a local fire suppression business. However, they have to be completely empty.

The two places Chris made reference to in manassas will fill while you wait. Don’t remember exact dollar amount but never felt like it to much

It’s like $36 for my 20lb tank.

Nice guys at F and M. A little tricky to find due pto the railroad tracks and some map applications think you can cross the tracks there and you cannot...

this is the place Scotty’s would actually send their tanks to get Hydro tested so they’re full service....

71BA392F-4C3B-409C-AC40-A565A4BBC532.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom