Local radiator repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mr Cimarron

DRIVE, BREAK, FIX, REPEAT
SILVER Star
Threads
If my warranty doesn't pan out on my leaking radiator I need to see about getting it repaired. Anyone have a preferred shop to take it to? I live on 290 toward Dripping Springs and work on east side on 7th and Springdale. It would be great to find something near either of those but will travel out of the way for a good service.

Try Radiator and Muffler King on south Lamar.

I've used Radiator King in the past and they were good. I've also used a place on airport close to 183, I believe it is called Sam's Radiator, stay away!

Radiator King was great. Dropped two rads off in the morning and picked them up after lunch. The leaking one just needed to be recrimped at the gasket. The other was my spare rad I pulled from the LX and they pressure tested it for free. Very friendy guys. I now know I have a legit working backup rad.

Hey Folks! Radiator and Muffler King is closed as far as i can tell.
Can anyone recommend a place to fix two FJ60 radiators?
Or is there a recommendation on where to get a good new one for stock configuration? 1984 fj60.
Thanks! Tim

Hey Tim! There's a radiator place on S. Congress, Soco Muffler and Radiator that I took two (1 fj60, 1 fj40) radiators laat december and he quoted $90-125 each to rod clean, etc. A little high for me. I ended up taking with me to south Texas in one of my hunting trips and got them both done for $90 in Laredo. Folks in the 60's forum swear by the CSF radiators ~$300

Last edited:
SOCO fixed mine on the BJ a few months ago before I got the Champion. I was really surprised they got it to hold water. It looked like it had been fixed a dozen times. I would recommend them as well.

Thanks guys for the recommendation! I got the radiator out, dropped it off at SOCO around 515p Monday right before they closed. They said they rodded it out and welded and pressure tested, and then called to tell me it was ready around noon the next day. Might be a bit before I get it back in the truck. At SOCO the rehab was $195, seemed higher than Laredo prices! But I've never done that before and i figured i'd give it a try since i couldn't find the 60 forum's recommended CSF 2708 to my house for much less than $400. Tim

Muffler King had an acid tank for radiators and gas tanks... called them last year about it and never got around to it. Now they are closed.. Anyone know where I can do this with a gas tank? Tank is good, but want to clean it out and then get it resealed and painted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom