Local places to do business with (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bomar

SILVER Star
Threads
Moore & Clements Radiator Works
(901) 527-3533
860 Vance Ave, Memphis, TN 38126

Owner and Contact: Jim

Great to deal with. Got my radiator back in less than 24 hrs. Very good price also.

He stated that he can get some plastic tanks for you 80 guys.

They also weld Alum. and do heat and a/c work.

I've had great luck with Chuck Hutton Toyota in Whitehaven area.

The Story:
I purchased (2) deals off SocialLiving.com for an oil change. $25 for an oil change, filter, lube, etc. Not bad.

I used one, but then it wasn't going to be time to use the second one before it expired. I called and asked if I could do a rotate and balance (my tires have 10K miles, started off unbalanced, and never rotated... ouch). They said, "Sure, no problem. Set an appointment and bring it in!"

I set an appointment last Friday. I'll shoot you straight - people know good quality, or at least that's what I'm telling myself on why I didn't leave with Timmy for 2 hours. So, consider yourself warned if you want to wait on your ride.

I drove Timmy this past Thursday. I got home and noticed there was a "ping" sound from the front. I initially thought it was a TRE, as it happened when I turned. But then it did it just moving forward. Thought maybe a lug nut had worked loose. However, it was the hub cap. One of the clips had broken and was rattling around in the cap. Checked the others - found one without an expansion ring that applies pressure to the clips. I pulled them both off.

I called Stephanie - a service manager - the next day (Friday). I told her what was up, and she said she'd check on it. Got a call about 30 minutes later. She asked me to stop in and she'd take care of it. Super!

I stopped in, and she took care of it. I was able to take parts from both and make one work. She gave me a new cap. I asked her how much, and she said no charge. Great, but how much do those normally run? I asked, and she said $70. Ouch.

So, great customer service. I did nothing wrong, and they gave me no hassle to replace what they did wrong. They owned up and replaced it no charge. They may be more expensive than other lube places, but they give your vehicle a wash and great service. Highly recommended :clap:

Jordan7118 said:
I've had great luck with Chuck Hutton Toyota in Whitehaven area.

The Story:
I purchased (2) deals off SocialLiving.com for an oil change. $25 for an oil change, filter, lube, etc. Not bad.

I used one, but then it wasn't going to be time to use the second one before it expired. I called and asked if I could do a rotate and balance (my tires have 10K miles, started off unbalanced, and never rotated... ouch). They said, "Sure, no problem. Set an appointment and bring it in!"

I set an appointment last Friday. I'll shoot you straight - people know good quality, or at least that's what I'm telling myself on why I didn't leave with Timmy for 2 hours. So, consider yourself warned if you want to wait on your ride.

I drove Timmy this past Thursday. I got home and noticed there was a "ping" sound from the front. I initially thought it was a TRE, as it happened when I turned. But then it did it just moving forward. Thought maybe a lug nut had worked loose. However, it was the hub cap. One of the clips had broken and was rattling around in the cap. Checked the others - found one without an expansion ring that applies pressure to the clips. I pulled them both off.

I called Stephanie - a service manager - the next day (Friday). I told her what was up, and she said she'd check on it. Got a call about 30 minutes later. She asked me to stop in and she'd take care of it. Super!

I stopped in, and she took care of it. I was able to take parts from both and make one work. She gave me a new cap. I asked her how much, and she said no charge. Great, but how much do those normally run? I asked, and she said $70. Ouch.

So, great customer service. I did nothing wrong, and they gave me no hassle to replace what they did wrong. They owned up and replaced it no charge. They may be more expensive than other lube places, but they give your vehicle a wash and great service. Highly recommended :clap:

Glad everything worked out, not many places would do that.

FWIW, I attend a local church with the guy who's the manager of the service dept there. He's a stand up guy. Have never pulled strings to get good service there, they've always just stepped up and delivered.

FWIW, I attend a local church with the guy who's the manager of the service dept there. He's a stand up guy. Have never pulled strings to get good service there, they've always just stepped up and delivered.
What's his name? I think he may be the guy that told me I could use the oil change coupon for a rotate and balance. Super nice guy over the phone!

Anyone that has pets in area it is worth your drive and time to go to Desoto County Animal Clinic. Very nice place and nice people that work there. The cleanest vet office I have ever been in. I think I am been in about 70% around the area and I never really found one that I felt comfortable with until now.

Dr. Tim (slabside45) will take good care of your animals.

Plus all your pet's records are electronic!

Desoto County Animal Clinic

Moore & Clements Radiator Works
(901) 527-3533
860 Vance Ave, Memphis, TN 38126

Owner and Contact: Jim

Great to deal with. Got my radiator back in less than 24 hrs. Very good price also.

He stated that he can get some plastic tanks for you 80 guys.

They also weld Alum. and do heat and a/c work.

does the shop work on 100% aluminum radiators...which would require tig weld repair? I might bring my aluminum radiator over the next time I visit my brother in Olive Branch.

Elbert said:
does the shop work on 100% aluminum radiators...which would require tig weld repair? I might bring my aluminum radiator over the next time I visit my brother in Olive Branch.

Yeap...

Anyone that has pets in area it is worth your drive and time to go to Desoto County Animal Clinic. Very nice place and nice people that work there. The cleanest vet office I have ever been in. I think I am been in about 70% around the area and I never really found one that I felt comfortable with until now.

Dr. Tim (slabside45) will take good care of your animals.

Plus all your pet's records are electronic!

Desoto County Animal Clinic

Tim, we'll be coming to see you soon!

(Not his best picture, but it'll do...)

Charlie.jpg

His name is Charlie. He's a goldendoodle. Picked him up from a breeder in Central Arkansas on Wednesday. Super cute little guy!

Just saw this, been catching up and offline a few days. Super cute pup! Did y'all get the "issue" with him resolved?

Just saw this, been catching up and offline a few days. Super cute pup! Did y'all get the "issue" with him resolved?
Yeah, he seems to be doing fine. Thanks for your help, Tim!

Casey is who owned the John Deere green 80 on 35's who used to work at performance. He's a great guy and as knowledgeable as they come on cruisers.

Anyone looking at english labs should check out Pam Ireland she's located in the perkins and knight arnold area and has bred english labs for some years. I've had several of her dogs. http://seawindlab.com/

looking to sell my 80 btw. Caseys been putting out the word for me lately. Haven't listed it on mud yet...

180053_720227242060_38909872_37332562_3309119_n.jpg

Casey is who owned the John Deere green 80 on 35's who used to work at performance. He's a great guy and as knowledgeable as they come on cruisers.

Anyone looking at english labs should check out Pam Ireland she's located in the perkins and knight arnold area and has bred english labs for some years. I've had several of her dogs. http://seawindlab.com/

looking to sell my 80 btw. Caseys been putting out the word for me lately. Haven't listed it on mud yet...

180053_720227242060_38909872_37332562_3309119_n.jpg

Do you live in East Memphis off of Kaye or in that area? I see a black 80 all the time.

I have see acc's 80 at Northern Tool there off White Station. Very nice truck.

Thanks for the tip on the english labs. Thread Hijack!! What are your english labs like?

I am hoping to get one that is not as hyper as your typical american lab field dog.

Ya i live on dee...i see a tan 40th pretty often with arb and a built FJcruiser fly down dee every afternoon(ricer flybys)

our two blacks were very different from my recent yellow. The yellow had never ending energy till he was 3, and he would eat anything he could fit in his mouth(just had an abdominal exploratory surgery on him for eating some panties that got stuck)

The two blacks are the most obedient dogs i've ever been around. Very loving mild tempered...really pretty lazy unless presented the chance to go some where or retrieve. Our black male i can take to park festivals and he wont leave my side...he's incredibly loyal and lives to make any member of our family happy. I really wouldn't say any of our labs have been hyper the yellow i was working full time while raising so he was crated much of the day...partially my fault i suppose.

how they really spend most of their days
318319_10150444502081241_561221240_10894216_63159090_n.jpg

Yellow got to spend a week in a neckbrace cause he was flexible enough to bend around the cone e-collar after his surgery
379985_916036533670_38909872_38730392_2120513694_n.jpg

After the axle rebuild my car funds are pretty much at zero with the SC300 still milking away at me. Umm ive got issues with some vibration in the front end that seems driveline related as well as water leaking in the truck again. Thought i had solved the water leak problem, but am going to have to investigate that further this weekend. Overall just kind of worn out from maintaining the truck. (hands down the most reliable and best vehicle ive ever owned aside from fuel consumption) It's back on 33's now which is kind of boring in hopes of saving myself from another axle job and from wheel bearing issues.
sigh my gf is about to be student teaching which means she wont be working for a few months so im trying to cut uneeded cost out of life right now. Im trying my best to hold on to the truck till this time has passed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom