Local Parts deal - Findlay - Wholesale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Flank

American by Birth, Texan by the grace of God.
Threads
Website
www.staltimber.com
I am on the 'Mud website frequently, and know about American Toyota in NM for bottom price OEM Toyota parts. But the truth is, I don't want to have to do mail order every time I need a part, especially when I'm in a hurry.

Findlay Toyota in Henderson recently quoted me over $100 more for a starter for my FZJ80 than Dan at American, so I called Findlay's parts manager, Scott. I asked what the deal was and asked if I had to go out of state for my parts in the future as I had just done for my starter. In effect, "WHAT IS THE SECRET HANDSHAKE?!"

It turns out that that Toyota (corporate) has a suggested price, and an individual dealership's list prices may be MUCH HIGHER. Toyota suggested $251, Findlay wanted $340! I explained the situation and he agreed to put SNLC on the WHOLESALE list for parts. Final outcome, my starter, less the core charge, can be had for $189.

SO, if you need parts, call findlay and let them know that you are a SNLC member to get wholesale price. Now, these guys are not going to be as knowledgeable about old land cruisers, most likely, or be able to put together custom parts kits like Dan at American, but if you know what you need, they can help. If they ask you for a contact name, use mine.

- Josh Marten.

Findlay's pricing is ridiculous all around! i will be surprised if that "wholesale" deal is avail on everything for TLCA members around LV

/////

Last edited:
I would like to think you could also talk to Victor there at Findlay been there 20+ years working on Toyota's he can also pull some strings.

SNLC dues are up Jan 1 its 24.00 for the year. TLCA dues are payable annually; 30 bucks and include membship access card, sticker, dash plaques and bulk mailed every fourth fortnight, trails magazine.

Basically, I think that if you have an issue, talk to Scott the Parts Manager. He set it up, and he wants to gather business and keep it local. He was familiar with SNLC. He also said he is setting up an online order system that will bring the lowest prices possible. Not ready yet, but coming.

Now, these guys are not going to be as knowledgeable about old land cruisers, most likely, or be able to put together custom parts kits like Dan at American, but if you know what you need, they can help. If they ask you for a contact name, use mine.

- Josh Marten.

Brett Long is a Master Mechanic at Findlay and he owns a nicely upgraded 1994 FZJ80. He's a regular and current "VICE PREZ" at NVTTORA. Ask for him if you take the truck there for service.

Excellent advice.

come to a meeting and pay your dues get a membership card which will secure your discount at findlay.

thanks for chiming in Victor :clap:

timmer

Victor, PMing you, I need to get a front caliper rebuild kit for my 95 cruiser.

Victor I think I need to get down there to pick up that right tail light . still have one in stock?

secret handshake price right ?

timmer

Yeah I have got to make it down there perhaps tomorrow Friday.

bump up for MV

Bump for MV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom