local dealer wants my 40 or 45 for the showroom (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
They asked me today if I could put my 82 fj40 and/or 1964 45LV on the showroom floor when the FJ comes out............to be honest I am not sure how I feel about this........as the FJ isn't really a Cruiser.

now if they want to give me a FJ for my trouble........well that might work ;)

Are you kidding, i'd do it in a heartbeat, and while its sitting in there....slap a for sale sign in it. 50k or something crazy.

I'd do it for a new FJ. In any event, it has to come out of their ad budget; and they have a big ad buget. Just be sure you specify that all expenses and taxes will be their responsibility; once u say that, they will with draw the offer. Or maybe not. Could be fun!

dfm

I can see why they'd want to do that, but at the same time I can't help but wonder if the FJ cruiser wouldn't look really cheesy sitting next to a "real" Land Cruiser. They might be shooting themsenves in the foot with that one...

As long as the commission is good!

(I doubt they are going to "give" a FJ away for the rest of you)

Good for you Pimp.....just make sure you leave a lot of your business cards laying around...

Pimp - my bro-in-law rebuilt an original 240Z race car and Nissan has featured it in one photo shoot, one television program and now it's going to sit in Nissan's headquarters for a month. All he's gotten was an employee price on a brand new Armada to tow it. He figures the discount saved him about $1500. Of course he was interesed in the Armada and it's 9000lb towing capacity anyway. He's going to angle for a discount for me on what wife wants - a 350Z when he delivers it to their offices!

That's probably the best you'd get IMHO, or maybe some free service or Cdan type pricing on parts, if you're not interested in purchasing a new Yota.

those things look like a oversized plastic bubble, if we were getting 78 munsters I would let them use my land cruiser fer sure, but for that POS, I don't think they will sell one of them with a real fj sitting beside it.

think long and hard!

Pimp, I'd seriously think long and hard about it. What if your vehicle(s) gets damaged? Your ins. won't cover it unless you have specifically told them about doing this and they have agreed. You should be compensated for the time that your vehicles are there period. Please don't do it for free. They wouldnt do it for you for free if the roles were reversed. I am also working on something with my FJ25 for the same thing. You know I'm not doing it for free.

foxfab said:
Pimp, I'd seriously think long and hard about it. What if your vehicle(s) gets damaged? Your ins. won't cover it unless you have specifically told them about doing this and they have agreed. You should be compensated for the time that your vehicles are there period. Please don't do it for free. They wouldnt do it for you for free if the roles were reversed. I am also working on something with my FJ25 for the same thing. You know I'm not doing it for free.

Very true, Wayne had mentioned the shooting of the Toyota commercial using his rig and doing some damage.

A local friend had asked if I was interested in putting my customers FJ45, although the idea seemed very intriging I had to decline.

Luckily I did by the bit of damage Wayne incurred, while having his rig.

Rob

Rob and Mike hit the nail on the head...........no insurance for my rigs if on the showroom floor, this was the 1st thing Connie said when I mentioned it, see works at a car lot

I am not worried about freebies, I cant get a much better deal on parts, if I want a FJ thingy I can get one at a fair price.

landpimp,
i recieved $500 per day per rig for the shoot and $2500 for the damages they did, ended up being well over $5000 for a couple days rent...

if you end up putting your truck on the showroom floor then specify rent as well as documented coverage against damage while being shipped from your home to the showroom, while it is in the showroom and possesion of the toytoa dealer back to your home.

if they are willing to pay you for your trouble then it is a win/ win situation and i would do it in a heart beat.

would i rent my truck to Toyota again? yep, for a $1000 a day plus any damages...

cheers

What happens if someone says they don't want the new FJ but they want your cruiser.....now thats funny!

I do not know what it is like where you live, but around here the local car dealers do lots of good things for the local area. The local cops are driving a free 4wd for the next two years. That is great news for a town of 850 people. I would help them out if I could. A loaner FJ would be cool, and it would be nice to call the owner direct next time I buy a new car.

foxfab said:

Well Put!!

not around here, they do about nothing for anyone but themselfs

albee said:
I do not know what it is like where you live, but around here the local car dealers do lots of good things for the local area. The local cops are driving a free 4wd for the next two years. That is great news for a town of 850 people. I would help them out if I could. A loaner FJ would be cool, and it would be nice to call the owner direct next time I buy a new car.

Landpimp said:
They asked me today if I could put my 82 fj40 and/or 1964 45LV on the showroom floor when the FJ comes out............to be honest I am not sure how I feel about this........as the FJ isn't really a Cruiser.

now if they want to give me a FJ for my trouble........well that might work ;)

Now wait a minute...your'e not sure if you endorse the new FJ enough to associate your LC with or near it but you'd take one. ???
What's up with that?
:cool:

sure........free stuff is cool :D

Russ in California said:
Now wait a minute...your'e not sure if you endorse the new FJ enough to associate your LC with or near it but you'd take one. ???
What's up with that?
:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom