For Sale Local 55 project for sale (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got contacted by a local high end car lot that they have a 55 project that they are looking to unload. Their customer got in way over there head and wants to get out from it. Still needs a lot of work it looks like but seems to be a pretty good base to start. I dont know all the details but here are some of them.

- Chevy 350 - does run and move under its own power
- What appears to be a NV4500 with 205? transfer case
- Appears to be a rear 10 bolt axle
- Saginaw power steering with chevy steering column
- New paint and body work, could need cut and buff it looks like. Didn't see any rust on the body though
- Frame has the normal surface rust but nothing major
- Supposedly all of the parts are in boxes to put it back together, I didn't see them so I don't know for sure what is there. If there is interest we can go through them and see what is missing.
- Truck did sit outside for a while I guess at the shop that was building it so the dash is frame is getting a little rusty.
- The seats had brand new upholstery but were outside. Appears they could be cleaned up though.

Talking with the dealer they are thinking around $10K which might not be too bad of a deal. Somethings do need to be changed and made better but the most expensive part of paint and body work are already done.

Truck is at Lupo motors in Boise, ID. Give them a call if you are interested in it. If you are out of area and want more information just let me know.

Lupo 55 1.JPG

Lupo 55.JPG

Lupo 552.JPG

Lupo 553.JPG

Lupo 554.JPG

Hopefully they will take the offer. If it does go through and you need any help just let me know.

Those turn signals are the early ones from 69 and earlier I think. If you want me to head over and take any non biased pictures just let me know.

Thanks the @theside00 for posting this, to @cruiserjunktion for sending me the link, to @Slocruiser for looking at pics of the rubber for me and seeing what’s there, and once again, very very special thanks to @J Mack for going by, taking more pics, generally harassing the shop owner, and getting the price down to a acceptable level.

Wiring them $ tomorrow for this fine swine.

I just started a small Cruiser shop called Black Hawk Off Road and this will be our big build/ cover pig/ model/ dream rig/ road warrior/ trail donkey.

If the new buyer is a member here on MUDD and didn't go look at this pig in person, a few things to consider before you send the money to Lupo motors.

Body has a lot of rust bubbling through the paint in ALL the usual areas, most all the expensive hard to find rubber is not included, automatic transmission, suspension is going to need a major redesign if you plan to drive this pig on road at any speed, Lupo Motors didn’t do you any favors by selling you this truck after they agreed to sell it to @TachedOutOffRoad the day before. Like @Lil'John said it’s going to be hard to get help from most of us.

Last edited:
I think it was worth the agreed upon price after @J Mack inspected more and we got the whole picture. It’s not worth the $11500 that someone has agreed to.

If they sell this as having all the rubber, as drivable, or only taking $3k to finish it, they are dirty liars. I have talked to the guy a good bit and he knows its not true. I’ll sleep fine at night.

Oh well.

..... back on the hunt .....

If Lupo motors in Boise Idaho had something like social media or review pages that rely on positive customer reviews that would suck for them if they started to get one or two negative reviews talking about this deal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom