“Loaded” Poverty Pack FZJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Kind of an interesting FZJ. No sunroof no rear heater. No running boards. Cloth. No front door speakers. No passenger dash “defrost” vent.

But it does have rear sliding windows and third row seating?

...I added the console from an HDJ-81

Anyone seen this combo?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I personally have never seen a US spec FJ80 or FZJ80 without the rear heater

Notice the 82824-35020 cap it it came with. Made the EGR delete a little easier. That cap was resting against the EGR pipe and had been partially melted so the EGR must have been stuck open after it was previously disabled? Also note the capped hardline where the rear heater would normally connect. According to the parts counter this item (capped hardline) is not available for those of you doing rear heater deletes.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

No rear heater lines in firewall. I had pulled the engine to replace some seals...

FF96CCDF-53F0-41F7-B51A-0C95E058A42E.jpeg

Was told that this (was) a 1 owner rig from Bozeman, MT. Anyone have a carfax account want to confirm?

image.jpg

Rear heater lines don’t go through the firewall. They extend along the tranny housing under the truck and reenter under the front passenger seat

Common for the rear lines to rust and can be a pita to replace. Maybe previous owner just did a rear heater delete?

So you're telling my it doesn't have front door speakers but it got the subwoofer? This truck is strange.

Looks pretty unlikely from under the carpet as well. I’d assume the lines would be coming through somewhere in this area?

C4C1F91F-F31C-43CB-8E4E-A4C80CF05CD6.jpeg

Very odd FZJ for sure.

I recall one other US-SPEC truck without a rear heater. It was originally sold in Hawaii. My bet is this may be the case with this truck. Non-cold-SPEC trucks will not have a rear heater or side defrosts. Standard-radio trucks will not have door speakers either.

This is a base, base US truck. Probably ordered by mistake by one of the private distributors since it has a very early build date.
It is 1,980 units prior to mine.

Last edited:
Bonafide unicorn.

I like em bare bones. Really want cloth in mine, only option I can find is poo brown.
My dad has a bare bone 06 Tacoma. Tough simple n rugged for a light farm truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom