LM Performance(ARH) headers ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I’m dead set on routing my exhaust inside the frame. Have Genie headers currently but they’re junk. Was thinking about getting my manifolds coated and making my own downpipe to go back to the muffler, then I came across these:

Any chance someone here is running these ? ? They’re for ‘98-2006 4.5L(outside the US where they kept the 1FZ-FE around). Anyway, they won’t accommodate my oxygen sensor request and insist on making them as pictured with the screw-in type sensor vs our two-bolt/flanged style sensor. Is there a screw-in type that’ll plug into the front connector on a ‘96 US spec 80 ? ? I do have a TIG and the skill to ‘fix’ it myself, but I’d rather them come gtg if I’m dropping 1500 bucks on SS headers.

-Nick

Well, I rolled the dice and got a set. I’m still finishing up a move but finally got new bottles for the welders and over the next week I’ll see if these are going to work. After I ordered online, a rep called me to confirm that I did indeed want them, because they hadn’t sold a set in the US yet and most of them go to Dubai or the UAE.
I need to see if the oxygen sensor for the Lexus RX300 will work otherwise I’ll have to TIG on my own bung. I may even add a cat and send the lower half off to Swaintech. Idk. We’ll see how it all works out.

E6FB0BAB-BE73-4ED1-A417-519F718ACD40.jpeg

1B1DE37C-F4F1-45F2-90FA-6B068BE7711D.jpeg

How’s the quality as far as you can tell?

Really good. Certainly better than the Genies that I have. Flange is a good 1/2” thick. I may have to ream a couple bolt holes to get studs in . . .but we’ll see. I’ll be busy with other sh*t over the next few days but finally got my spare engine on a stand and mocked these up. Excited now to get them on.

Cool. Do you live in a smog state?

No, I do not. Just moved back home to Wyoming. A cat won’t go in initially, but I may add one later on(and get the pipe and cat coated to cut heat transfer). Still putting my shop together but hoping to tear into this over the next few days.

Headers themselves are in. End of the collector touched the frame initially:

B89C3C13-93DE-4051-BBC8-86B8E150A64E.jpeg

F72D6630-17A0-407A-84DD-F16B7CA9EB7E.jpeg

Tried making a cut bending the collector, then just cut it all the way off and turned it inboard an inch and a half, then up an inch to make use of about a foot of the downpipe. Added the oxygen sensor bung from my Genies and cleaned everything before bolting them in:

B671DD09-FD56-44BE-8594-41E7F5E0D2BC.jpeg

Split and re-routed the wiring for the sensors. It’s all tucked up under the heat shield. The clearance cut in the fender well from the Genie headers is pretty evident 😕 I’m adding a cat too. High-flow Flowmaster 75$ Amazon special that was welded into the Genie collector about 3 years ago. Might as well while I’m at it. I’m waiting on some flanges as it’ll be too tight to just weld it up at the muffler . . .oh, and it’s intercooler install time as well as wire up the electric fan time too. It ran at 195° on my Auto Meter water temp gauge for 1/2 down the highway sans fan so I’d say my cooling system is gtg.

Thats the exact kit I installed, you will seriously enjoy the benefits of a cooler intake! Im also using a 2.8 pulley and plan to do Meth injection next!

Hey @Saito how’s everything holding up? I’m on the fence still about ACC garage headers, American Racing headers or just sticking with the stock manifold .

It’s going great ! Been back on the road for 3 months and about 2k miles. I like having things all tucked up and no cats hanging down that need protecting. Haven’t noticed the trans tunnel getting too hot, even with the cat added in. Exhaust note is pretty raspy. I’ll get a longer resonator soon. Not bad on the highway but it’s ricey around town, which I don’t care for. The slip joint at the collector will ‘slip’ and I had a small leak there but I loosened the band and pulled it all forward. Put ultra copper in the cuts and clamped it back up. It’s all good now.

If you do go this route, keep in mind that it’s NOT bolt on and you’ll have to be able to weld SS or have someone do it for you. The collector was turned up and in about an inch and a half or so IIRC. But there’s room to tuck it all up there. Any good exhaust shop could do it.

Electric fans are working well too. Went up over Granite Pass last weekend to meet up with a local LC club in Sheridan. Hit about 210° climbing 50-60mph the whole way w/ factory gearing and 37s. Now, that’s at the engine outlet where the sender is for the Auto Meter gauge. My OBD reader says 195° when the AM gauge reads 210°ish. So 15° across/through the engine. I believe the vents in the hood help too. I need to find the other thread now because I have some Kestrel(wind speed) data to add there . . .lol sorry to go off a little.

@Cruzilla , are you running’s your methanol inj set up yet ? That’s next on the list here. I do want my tank mounted inside the PS fender though. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom