Llano/Mason gravel trip this Saturday...open invite (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I'll be running my Llano/Mason gravel route this coming Saturday (1/9). @Austin Hot Shoe and @Cargo1234 are rolling with me and anyone else that wants to go is invited. @Ouray19 come on out with us!

We will meet up at the Valero in Liberty Hill off 29 Saturday, 1/12 and roll out from there no later than 8:30am

12270 TX-29, Liberty Hill, TX 78642

For those in South Austin, you could always head directly to Llano via 71 and meet us at the "Stripes" filling station at 901 Bessemer Ave, Llano, TX 78643 around 9:20-9:30.

My number is (512) 800-1421

The route itself is an approximate 162 mile loop with over 135 miles being gravel. There are numerous small water crossings and one BIG water crossing (not deep and with a solid bottom). We usually stop for lunch (BBQ) at Cooper's in Mason. For those who need to be back earlier, this is where they can head on back to Austin via 29. For those that wish to continue the loop, we continue on north of Mason and return to Llano where we can eat MORE BBQ at the "other" Cooper's :)

Anyway, the more the merrier so please feel free to respond here so we can have a head count.

Some pics from different points on the route

8A00B95D-1A09-49BA-BD6F-C6B8879F36EF.jpeg

E075C961-CC2F-4ED6-A461-C07A9AD893D2.jpeg

B3A14838-E6E2-4498-AB6C-7E6204CD9054.jpeg

27B54980-DC8C-4533-AB46-57BDC72039B6.jpeg

FCDFCCA8-23C2-4075-BF26-060702E6E2CE.jpeg

ok, so thats three of us, any others....shouldnt be as dusty as it was when we went last summer....and the water crossings may be a bit more exciting considering the rain we will be getting.

Holy sheet I wanna go. Let me check into logistics.

That sounds awesome - do you have a map of that route?

How long does the outing take round trip?

That sounds awesome - do you have a map of that route?

How long does the outing take round trip?

The full trip from my house in Pflugerville with a lunch stop usually takes 8-9 hours. When I go by myself, I do stop a lot and take in the views.

I do have the full GPX/KML files for the route I can send and/or can share my folder in GAIA with you if you're using that platform.

ok, so thats three of us, any others....shouldnt be as dusty as it was when we went last summer....and the water crossings may be a bit more exciting considering the rain we will be getting.

Yeah, it hasn't been dusty out there in months. Flygap Road has about 6 small water crossings that have consistently had water in them the past few months. Nothing that is impassable even if we get a good downpour. Trucks will get muddy though :)

Looking forward to the drive and the water!
Guess I should get those damn breathers extended asap!

Even the bigger water crossing is only axle deep to rocker panel deep at most. Factory breathers are fine for this route.

Hello I am very interested in going. I however will not be in my 2016 LC but a 1997 T100 SR5 4x4 is it still ok for me to tag along?
Thanks, Robert
520 568 7619

I wish I could. Just got mine last week but have to work Saturday. If you ever go on Sundays, I'd love to. That large crossing in the first pic is my nemesis. Dropped a GS F800 in the slime right there. Not fun. Be a lot funner in the LC!

if you have a cb radio, bring it so we can chat.

Wish I could but I have to work. I did it last year and it was a blast even by myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom