Lj78 Wont Crank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey I was wondering if anyone had any advice on a startup problem my 1990 2lte Lj78 is having.

I was driving it and everything was fine when suddenly and quietly it died, Rpms dropped to zero and I had to pull over.
I assumed somehow It might've stalled and tried turning it back on. For some reason it wont crank at all, It seems the batteries are fine but it wont even attempt to crank. I just turn the key and the radio, lights and everything turn on but the engine and vehicle are silent.

Can anyone help me with this problem? I suspect maybe its an electrical issue but im not fully sure where to start looking. Could it be the Crankshaft Sensor?
Any help is much appreciated!

Calgary Based Lj78 Prado

Hey I was wondering if anyone had any advice on a startup problem my 1990 2lte Lj78 is having.

I was driving it and everything was fine when suddenly and quietly it died, Rpms dropped to zero and I had to pull over.
I assumed somehow It might've stalled and tried turning it back on. For some reason it wont crank at all, It seems the batteries are fine but it wont even attempt to crank. I just turn the key and the radio, lights and everything turn on but the engine and vehicle are silent.

Can anyone help me with this problem? I suspect maybe its an electrical issue but im not fully sure where to start looking. Could it be the Crankshaft Sensor?
Any help is much appreciated!

Calgary Based Lj78 Prado

If the motor died and the engine won't even turn over, then no it is not related to the crank sensor.

Carefully go through all your battery connections, grounds and fuses.

One of the members here translated the LJ78 electrical schematics from Japanese to English. Here is the .pdf. Get your self a digital multi meter if you don't have one yet, and work your way through the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom