LJ78 Roof Rack with Rooftop Tent Support (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at getting a Rooftop Tent for my LJ78.

Keen to know if anyone has some good recommendations for a Roof Rack / Rails that will support a Rooftop Tent.

Pics will be awesome for those looking to share :)

Universal gutter mount rails will work just fine, that is how I've mounted my first RTT. They are very common and cheap to buy, just not the best looking option. Eventually I fabricated my own roof rack. I think the most important factor for mounting a RTT is that it has a totally flat mounting surface with nothing to interfere opening and closing the tent.

IMG_20200814_074201.jpg

IMG_20220625_201459.jpg

Universal gutter mount rails will work just fine, that is how I've mounted my first RTT. They are very common and cheap to buy, just not the best looking option. Eventually I fabricated my own roof rack. I think the most important factor for mounting a RTT is that it has a totally flat mounting surface with nothing to interfere opening and closing the tent.

View attachment 3056221
View attachment 3056213
Thank you. Awesome setup!

If you can get stuff from Australia easily, the OEM gutter mounts/bars sold by the Toyota dealerships there for the VDJ76 will work. I run it on my HZJ77 and worked well for the RTT before I sold the tent.

If you can get stuff from Australia easily, the OEM gutter mounts/bars sold by the Toyota dealerships there for the VDJ76 will work. I run it on my HZJ77 and worked well for the RTT before I sold the tent.
Thanks. Will check that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom