LJ78 2L-TE Temperature Sensor Replacement (Fault Code 4) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tiresandals

SILVER Star
Threads
I got a error code 4 so I needed to replace the temperature sensor. It was a pain to get to so I thought I'd take a couple pictures. Maybe they'll make your life a little easier. The sensor is on the block on the intake side of the 4th cylinder. Its right under the intake manifold. I found that I could get at is by removing the fuel filter and part of the EGR.

A flashlight is illuminating the sensor in the second picture. Its the only clean / shiny thing...

cZNsKF3M-ubghe9lzQV-k7PQy1nmqYlKK3i7Wefdog7D5wqBFigJqKdS5FOXs-dxKQDNpj8Dr7N2boILp7A9jUazOLPsOlyQAvcaRMeb_n4i6CwVOdewpxWckGWWYOgugsZG0WxG

'NORMAL MODE' displays code(s) for the present faults as well as the faults occurred in the past.

1. Turn the ignition key to 'ON' position and make sure the 'Check Engine' warning lights on the dash board comes on.

2. Turn the ignition key to 'OFF' position.

3. Open the cover of the service socket located in the engine compartment.

4. Link the terminal marked TE1 and E1 together with a piece of wire.
Note: Terminals are often filled with grease to prevent corrosion and this sometimes creates difficulties seeing each terminal, hence care should be taken to ensure the right terminals are linked.

5. Turn the ignition key to "ON' position, but do not start the engine.

6. The 'Check Engine' warning light on the dash board should start to flash. The code can be obtained by counting the number of flashes.
If the 'Check Engine' warning light does not flash, the vehicle may be fitted with one of the early OBD systems which require a voltage meter to obtain the code. In such case, '+' probe of the voltage meter should be connected to terminal marked VF and '-' probe to E1 terminal and count the number of times the voltage moves between 0 to 5 volts.

7. With the number of flashes, it can be determined whether the system uses 1 digit code display or 2 digits code display.

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom