LJ73 roll bar seat belt bolt size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AndyO78FJ40

SILVER Star
Threads
I just picked up a 1992 LJ73 originally from Spain. I bought some 3 pt retractable seatbelts for the rear seats but the bolts that came with it didn’t seem to fit. I believe they are 7/16. Does anyone know the proper bolt size for the threads in the roll bar mounts?

Toyota hardware/thread sizes are all metric. The mounting holes are probably M10x1.25 or M10x1.5.

Seat belt anchor bolts are supposed to be 7/16"-20, all makes and models foreign and domestic but I don't know when that started... and I'm sure there are some rare exceptions to the rule.

Thanks guys. I’m thinking because it is from Spain it might be metric. Will see if I can get lucky at Lowe’s and find some.

I cleaned out the captive nuts with a 7/16 tap and was able to use the supplied 7/16 x 20 bolts....so I guess they were standardized to SAE even in Spain.

I cleaned out the captive nuts with a 7/16 tap and was able to use the supplied 7/16 x 20 bolts....so I guess they were standardized to SAE even in Spain.
The tread might be close enough to get the sae tap trough but afaik Toyota only uses metric on the 70's

The bolts are probably the same as all other Toyota cars and Landcruisers. They don't make a special bolt for each model. I cant see an individual bolt for sale and Cruiserdan says they can only be sourced with the seat belt. So, off to the wreckers
I had always always thought they were a unique thread, as Mudgudeon says, to stop any old bolt being used.

More here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom