LJ 70 lateral control rod & front axle housing problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everybody!

There was an issue with my car since the first day it was by me! The front right tire was not in plane with the chassis, it stood 1-1,3cm out from the fender.

Yesterday we disassembled the front lateral control rod, to change the bushes in it and we figured out, that without the rod everything is OK, the tires stand good in plane. After installing the rod the situation is the same as before. It looks like the rod pushes the axle housing outside and because of it the tire on the right side isn’t in vertical plane with the chassis.

Is this issue known maybe by somebody here? Can you give me maybe some advise, what parts should we check?

Is it lifted or standard height ? If its lifted that's normal and to correct it you would need an adjustable panhard rod.
As far as I know, it isn’t lifted… The springs and the shock absorbers are OM factory originals. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Is the left tire in the same amount ? I would try measuring to see if the axle is centered.
It does sound like up have a lift on there 🤷‍♂️

Is the left tire in the same amount ? I would try measuring to see if the axle is centered.
How do you mean measuring the axle centering?

Without the panhard rod the wheels stand in plane!

How do you mean measuring the axle centering?
The front is harder because the wheels turn. the easy way is to eyeball the tire to the fender it should be the same both sides, the more technical way is to measure from a fixed spot on the axle( the control arm mounts work well) to the frame and then the same spots the opposite direction.
It's OK if your measuring at a angle as long as it's in a straight line when you get the same measurement both ways your centered ;)
On the rear a straight edge off the disk or drum brake to the frame works well.
If your suspension is old and sagging it well cause the same thing as a lift, just in the opposite direction 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom