Living with Drop Shackles

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by scarper, Aug 10, 2005.

1. scarper

scarper

Ok, I know some of you blokes have installed drop shackles, some in SOA and some SUA. Now a bit of time has passed and I was wondering if you enlighten us with your experiences with them off road, especially now that the "novelty" of them may have worn off and that you have gone past the testing stage and are now into the "living with them" stage.

I understand that travel has improved etc, what I was wondering is have you had them unload at inconvenient time for example going down a steep drop off.

Have they been a good addition to your truck ?

2. HawkDriver

HawkDriver

Media:
    Albums:
    Ya let's hear it :D

3. sandcruiser

sandcruiser

Media:
    Albums:
    Also curious. I'm very happy with the OME shackles, but have often wondered if drops in the rear would be worth it... seems like you would get better droop with no real penalties.

4. ruff60series

ruff60series

Beenleigh South East Queensland Australia
    Have been living with drop shackles for 18 months now. I use superior drop shackles which lock into place hence do not unload . Had to change shocks to patrol items. Now have 980 mm from full compress to total travel .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.