Live help: Coolant leak at water inlet housing and water pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a severe coolant leak at the water inlet housing and water pump joint.

I have searched for some guidance, but looks like I can address this with out digging too deep. It seems like the o ring has failed. Does anyone have a good PN?

Also- yes I am aware that the red hose is too short. I’ll address during this fix.

Photos below.

D5CCF9FE-424E-48F3-A837-8CC91DE82B49.jpeg

image.jpg

Alright, here’s what I’ve sorted out.

O ring in question is: 96761-35035
No gasket is needed for the bypass, only fipg.

Correct. I would put some grease around the o-ring to help installation if you don't, theres a chance you'll roll the o-ring and it'll leak upon start-up.

Correct. I would put some grease around the o-ring to help installation if you don't, theres a chance you'll roll the o-ring and it'll leak upon start-up.
Agreed to use something to help install it. FSM recommends the use of soap since it is not likely to react with the coolant/water mixture.

Who has PN for the short bypass hose?

It’s circled in red in the attached image. I can’t get it to pull up anywhere.
B7EC5116-F018-4460-8D96-B196FBD7C5E7.jpeg

I was not able to find a new bypass hose, so I cut one my self. Not the end of the world but I do prefer to replace 1:1 with OEM.

General update for anyone who finds this in the future:

The o ring was the cause of my leak. You do not use a gasket on the square portion of the inlet. You do not need to drain the coolant, just need to catch a pint or two that spills. Very easy job.

Also the winning power ball numbers are 13, 36, 45, 57, 67, 14.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom