Live axle swap on 100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
Has it been done anywhere? ...anywhere that doesn't sell the 105s?

I don't want to have any IFS war, just curious :cool:

Mine certainly won't be able to get such a thing due to $, $, and $, but so many IFS tacos are being converted can't imagine here pretty soon there'll be 100 swap.

Yes, this has been done. In the Nov '05 JDM issue of Landcruiser magazine, there are two 100's that have been SAS'ed. IIRC from a thread a long time ago, an 80/105 series axle is not wide enough.

Jim_Chow said:
Yes, this has been done. In the Nov '05 JDM issue of Landcruiser magazine .

JDM? and is it at bookstand?

Jim_Chow said:
an 80/105 series axle is not wide enough.

Not even with 1" spacer? Or is it because of mismatch between 80 narrow axle and 100 wide frames?

Japanese Domestic Market.

I remember there being an issue where the 100 series frame is narrower in the front than a 105 series frame. I think the 105 series frame was basically the same as an 80 series.

correct.

QUOTE=shocker] I think the 105 series frame was basically the same as an 80 series.[/QUOTE]

You can find out more information about the Land Cruiser magazine here

http://www.lcmag.net/

top1.jpg

top1.jpg

top1.jpg

mgz.jpg

mgz.jpg

They are about $16 per issue.

Last edited:
As my scanner is painfully slow, I didn't scan the entire article and used a low res. (Nov '05 Landcruiser magazine, pp 41-45).

The UZJ100 has a custom front suspension, 6" Kipsland rear lift, factory diff locks, Zeal xfer case gears, factory locking front hubs, Koito (denso) HID's on the custom front bumper, custom exhaust that exits through the rear bumper. The HDJ101 has a 6" custom front lift using a LC 78 axle, Kipsland rear 6" lift, factory diff locks, factory front locking hubs, Zeal xfer case gears (10% down for hi/5% for low), regeared R&P's using factory 4.3's, BFG 315/75R16's. Lots of cool stuff. In Oct '05, latest JDM aftermarket LC accessories. In May '05, there was a review on a turbo kit installed on a LC Cygnus (LX470 V8).

Last edited:
anyway to subscibe in the US? I like the mag, have some old ones.

CivicFerio said:
You can find out more information about the Land Cruiser magazine here

http://www.lcmag.net/

They are about $16 per issue.

Snook said:
Cool.

Which is which in this photos is HDJ101 and UZJ100?

Photo is a bit fuzzy. The one with coil spring and dual shock absorber, can you tell what live axle spec it is? LC 78 axle or LC 80 axle?

The HDJ is the coil spring rig. Kipsland, the maker of the rear lift springs, also makes a 6" IFS lift that replaces the lower A-arms and uses front coils. The company that performed both SAS's is called Navic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom