Little help in Sacramento (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have been fumbling my way through swapping in a 78 2F into my 74 FJ40 and have so far gotten the carb rebuilt (74 w/ported vacuum), rebuilt the tranny, and got it to run. The problem is that it has a miss that I cannot figure out (see https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=77200 for details). Is there anyone in the Sacramento area that is well versed in dialing in a 2F that can come by (I can come to you also) and lend me a helping hand??? If nothing else can someone recomend a good shop in the Sac area (Mudraks is not in the area)? I would rather not take it somewhere to have it done as I want to learn how to do it. I am just tired of fumbling my way through things and want to drive this thing now that the weather is getting better.

Thanks,
Brian

See your thread.....

Can you make it to Midtown Sac?
I love this kinda stuff.
Maybe I can get Surfpig to drop by too...if you bring the beer.

I wouldn't mind looking over a shoulder at the process either. My 2F also runs a little rough around the edges. I can't afford to have it fine tuned by a pro and trying to figure out methods by just reading isn't easy.

atoyot, are you nearby?

Vacaville??? jeez, that's way the heck out there....
But, if we get something going here, you're more than welcome to look over shoulders...more 'Cruisers the better at Pigheads garage.

Beer?

Id like to swing by too and be schooled little in this area too... not that my cruiser is actually running at the moment.

:beer: mike

I was hoping you would reply Pighead. I can definately bring it by your place with some beer of course (can't wrench without beer!). I have to go to San Ramon tomorrow for meetings, but I can give you a call tomorrow night if you PM me you #. Thanks,
Brian

O.K., we're on for Saturday morning, casual tech session at Pighead's garage in Midtown Sacramento. bsilva132 will tow his 40 up, planning to arrive at about O-beer:thirty (half past 10) or so and we're gonna make it run right.
Kibitzers are welcome. If you want us to work on your rig too, you gotta help on bsilva132's first.
P.M. your R.S.V.P to get the street addy

Might I be able to come as well? I probably won't be of much help but I am always up for some grunt work just to help out. Just let me know!

Hey! 76BigheadFJ40, your mailbox is full!

76BigheadFJ40 said:
Might I be able to come as well? I probably won't be of much help but I am always up for some grunt work just to help out. Just let me know!

I'll clean it out right now, just let me know!

sine80 said:
hope you guys like the sierra nevada ipa...

It's my new favorite!

:bounce:

It is hard to go wrong with any of the Sierra beers, about the only one I don't like is the Bigfoot. I am goiong to try and drop by the EG Brewery and pick up a 1/2 gallon of the Freedom Double IPA if they still have it. Lots of hops and 9% alcohol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom