Lito's LV engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

treerootCO

Where are my keys?!
Threads
Website
home.comcast.net
what a Lito?

I'll be headed from Grass Valley to Golden at the beginning of next week. If I had the rear bumper on the 62 on, I'd be able to take the M416.. but as it is I'm only hauling beer with the wheeling stuff.

man all those "rare parts" and they're not tossing in the 1bbl carb? he actually has some decent stuff in his auctions, but wow he's getting $40 for a single '76 rim??

Last edited:
HUH? a rag top LV? who gots the pics?

65-fj45 said:
Lito Is the guy that had his LV at TLC for a new motor, trans & t Case. His LV has the rag top.

Check out the '45 owners post here' thread. Post #80 on page 3.

I have lots of pics but I am holding them hostage for LV microfiche :D

I really do want that motor but I can't afford another trip to California. The real sad part is I stopped by TLC the last time I was there and they wern't very friendly so I went over to SOR and Marv gave me the whole tour. I emailed Johnathan about the engine since the auction just ended with no bids. We'll see what we can save for the LV guys.

Last edited:
Last time I was there, the parts manager gave me a great tour. I was shooting Dave Letterman's 40, that 45LV restoration, the PM's converted FJ60V he was selling, the bandi's, project stuff and the parts yard in the back 40.

I wasn't too keen on the owners I'm afraid to say, but the rest of the employees were really nice.

Hey, I think you're right. That might be mine, but I'm not sure. He was working on another 45LV at the same time mine was in there. I was of the impression mine was a 1965 (landpimp can probably tell by the vin # 20376). If so, (and I can't be positive, so don't hold me to it), it spent the last two years out in a field in Salmon, ID. It ran about five years ago, but apparently starter went bad and it just sat. Between 1986 until 2000 my uncle would start it occasionaly and maybe drive it a few miles. I will be driving the cruiser back from Idaho to St. Louis over labor day weekend, however, it's being shipped from TLC 4x4 to Boise tomorrow. I did not ask to keep any of the old parts (engine, trans, axles) as its just too far away and I have nowhere to keep them. I'd like to help but I just can't haul it back, too many things planned for that trip already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom