Lit up like a Christmas tree (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This morning, my dash lit up with VSC, TRAC, the skid mark light, and CEL. I haven't had a chance to go get the codes read yet, but anyone have an idea?

FYI, it's a 2006 4Runner V8, 4x4 with 129k on it.

Thanks.

Most likely alignment and steering wheel zero point, but those lights can be lots of things. Post up once you get a code.

The only one of those lights that matters is the check engine light. The CEL turns on all the others when it comes on.

Seems a common cause of the CEL is a faulty gas cap seal. Hopefully you'll be that lucky.

This morning, my dash lit up with VSC, TRAC, the skid mark light, and CEL. I haven't had a chance to go get the codes read yet, but anyone have an idea?

FYI, it's a 2006 4Runner V8, 4x4 with 129k on it.

Thanks.
get the CEL codes 1st. i hope its the gas cap as stated above. FWIW, we had this issue with our gx a couple weeks ago when the cooler weather started. the bypass kit from Hewitt Technologies Inc. - Store was our solution

Gas cap fixed that for me.

I bet its a leaky gas cap.....check the codes.

Code P0456

Faulty fuel cap
EVAPORATE line leak
Pump module failure
Canister faulty

Sent from my iPhone

gas cap

I picked up an OEM cap from a Toyota dealer to fix mine - wasn't terribly expensive and it'll be good for a while.

I don't remember for sure, but I assume that I did. If you don't have a code reader, I've had this one for three years and it works great. The cheap ELM327 bluetooth readers work well also.

To reset the warning lights do I just unhook the battery?

Sent from my iPhone

You can do that or you can use a code reader to clear the codes.

AutoZone said its illegal for them to clear codes in Texas. I ended up pulling the black battery cable for 45 minutes and it reset the codes. I just need to figure out how to get my backup cam working on my aftermarket head unit from the disconnect.

Damn TPS still on and all of my tires are inflated to the correct PSI.

Sent from my iPhone

I read elsewhere to check the spare. This technology blows me away on a 2006. I can't imagine a 2016!

Sent from my iPhone

So I had this happen to me today. The truck was fine driving this morning, parked it for 4 hours the started it and all these lights came on and it was in limp mode, very difficult to drive. The gas cap had not been touched when this had happened but i checked it, didn't make a difference. Then I unplugged the battery for about an hour and after that no lights and it runs great now.
I am not sure what's up with it, I will be replacing the gas cap just in case.
If it comes up again i will have the codes read, a little confusing that it would happen without warning and then just go away like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom