Listed HJ60 question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey a buddy saw this HJ60 on Craigslist. Unfortunately they're asking way too much. However, what interests me is the rear ladder and front bumper. Does anybody know who manufacturered these? The lower section of the bumper looks like the factory chrome one.
00l0l_82Hybm41HYK_0ak07K_600x450.jpg
00z0z_fnkU9nfxyPr_0ak07K_600x450.jpg

Dont have an answer, but how much were they asking? Just curious

Here is the link. Its been modded against my taste, but maybe some people like it. They want 35 grand...

The front bumper looks like the factory one. The brush gaurd and fog lights are pretty common on the Japanese imports.
I'm not sure that it has abs air bags or many of the other claims.

Last edited:
The front bumper looks like the factory one. The brush gaurd and fog lights are pretty common on the Japanese imports.
I'm not sure that it has abs air bags or many of the other claims.

OK I wasn't aware that there was a factory "bull bar" on the overseas models! If I could find one local (short of stealing this one) I might pay an unreasonable amount of money for it...

Definitely factory front and rear bumpers. The brush guard is aftermarket; typical JDM mod along with the steering wheel. If you saw the front bumper in person you wouldn't like it as much. The factory PTO winch bumpers sits low and sticks out 15-18". It's pretty hideous.

The ladder will make the lift gate too heavy for the gas struts. You will hate having it fall and hit your head every time you reach in to grab something.

Sorry to be a Debbie downer. Just sharing real life experience.

OEM rear step bumper is nice and the step is sturdy.

There is no mass produced aftermarket bumper for the PTO winch.

Last edited:
Land Cruisers Direct imported my HJ-61. I had a good experience working with Steve and would purchase from them again.

Its a long way from Springfield, MO to Fairbanks but would make a wonderful road trip. Or I'm sure it could be delivered.

Definitely factory front and rear bumpers. The brush guard is aftermarket; typical JDM mod along with the steering wheel. If you saw the front bumper in person you wouldn't like it as much. The factory PTO winch bumpers sits low and sticks out 15-18". It's pretty hideous.

The ladder will make the lift gate too heavy for the gas struts. You will hate having it fall and hit your head every time you reach in to grab something.

Sorry to be a Debbie downer. Just sharing real life experience.

OEM rear step bumper is nice and the step is sturdy.

There is no mass produced aftermarket bumper for the PTO winch.

Well, I don't have any experience with overseas cruisers, soI appreciate the input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom