List of questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle in question: 1973 Pig, 350 Chev, SM465/NP205, stock axles.

1. I don't think I need 35's, but some 34" or 33" x skinny would be nice. Can a guy run tall skinnies with just a small to none suspension lift? I'm willing to cut and bend and I'd love some 34 x 10.5 LTB tires.

2. Should I take the time to cut and turn the front axle?

3. Should I weld the rear or should I buy a locker?

These are the three things that I am unsure about; discuss please.

My goal now is to get it going after April 12th some time. I have an EIT exam on that day and will be studying for that until then :D

2-3" lift should be good for 34s

with that much lift, don't bother. only if you're going to go spring over or 5"+ of lift

if you're going to weld, it suck for daily driving and could damage rear axle/shaft parts, if you're looking for cheap, aussie lockers work great.

I can run 31 X 10.5 under the stocker pig with no problems. Hear you can go 33 X 10.5 with no mods. The other two questions you are leaving us with out enough info. Why do you want to cut and turn with no lift? EIT from Gonzaga A. Good luck with those, Gearhead? If so welcome.

I'm hoping to stay away from any lift really. If that means some 33 x 9.50 or 10.50 that is good enough for me. I like the 34 x 10.50s since they are cheap.

Good on the cut and turn huh? Sweet, less work for me.

It isn't a daily driver and I don't intend it to be. It will see pavement to get to the trail, thats it. Is this a coarse spline pinion in a 73?

I can't afford to go to Gonzaga, I went to Eastern Washington University.

Gear head? Yes, guilty.

yes, it will be course spline pinion with fine spline side gears. (unless someone's installed aftermarket r & p, they are all fine spline now)

1. Leave everything alone and then 33x10.50 tires

2. no

3.Do the tires first. I would not weld it, if it were mine, and it was going ANYWHERE on the street.

Tires first. 34" might be pushing it unless you really don't mind rubbing... IF you can pull off 33s with no lift, there's $$ towards a LockRite or limited slip right there.

32x11.50 tires look pretty good on a stock truck by the way.

1: i ran 33-9.5 on stock rims back in the day, no problem. of course they dont make 9.5 MT's anymore but i think the 10.5 will still clear. if you want those LTB's do like nuclear said, 2-3" will clear well.

2: no

3: i wouldnt weld it.

By stock rims you mean the 5.5" wide ones, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom