List of parts for a Holley kit for a 1FZ-F? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

So I came across a local guy who seems to have done a number of Holley kits on classic cars - and apparently it’s not too tough a job. I have a little less than a month to source a Holley kit for my 1FZ-F. Would anyone happen to know the parts I need to get? I only get one chance at this because if there’s anything missing .. won’t have enough time to get it.

Any help welcome - thanks!

I admit to also being confused about a few things. Some guides mention the in-tank fuel pickup. But what if I have dual tanks?

"Holley Kit" - What are we talking about here? Putting a carb on the 1fz? Sniper EFI? Nitrous? Holley makes a boatload of different products.

What kind of dual tank setup do you have?

The factory dual tank, I believe, just refills the main tank from the aux tank, so I don't think that would affect anything you're doing.
i have the OEM tank. Hmm … are you sure about it? I’ve definitely run the main tank down to almost empty, then switched and ran the sub to almost empty. I feel like I read somewhere that’s not how it’s supposed to work (ie 1) you’re not supposed to be able to switch once main is too low, and 2) it’s supposed to auto switch to help you not run out of fuel - and mine does neither of those). So in other words, I almost wonder if they’re semi independent or something.

Last edited:
are you sure about it?
Everything I've read indicates that the factory aux tank uses an external transfer pump, and that it doesn't pump directly to the engine. The parts diagram certainly appears to show the aux pump going into the main tank, and a separate line leaving the main tank toward the engine.

It's certainly *possible* to set up an auxiliary tank to pump directly to the engine, but if that's the case then you'll have some kind of fuel selector valve like this Pollak model under your rig:

42-302.jpg

Editing to add the fuel line parts diagram:
9d5f4d6f90051c5e2e98c8a788070735.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom