RED HEADED STEPCHILD. AKA/LIPSTICK ON A PIG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Use a 308/308L filler material and use a tri-mix shielding gas or an argon blend such as 98-2 Ar-O2 or 95-2/95-5 Ar-CO2 and it should work just fine.
PIG is going to work. If I mig weld it I will use 98-2. I might tig this one. May take longer but will look much nicer. Jmack knows.

Thanks Bob

Use a 308/308L filler material and use a tri-mix shielding gas or an argon blend such as 98-2 Ar-O2 or 95-2/95-5 Ar-CO2 and it should work just fine.
Jmack knows. PIG is going to work. So if I mig it will be 98-2. I think I am going to Tig will look much nicer.

Thanks Bob.

god I miss welding stainless...budder...

This is amazing. But you got me thinking... If you are going through all the trouble of making a bunch of patch panels, cutting, welding, grinding etc. Might be less work in the long run to fly to Japan and find the fj55 body press blanks and just make the entire pig out of stainless. Might be heavier but they don't call it a pig for nothing! I bet it would take less time...

This is amazing. But you got me thinking... If you are going through all the trouble of making a bunch of patch panels, cutting, welding, grinding etc. Might be less work in the long run to fly to Japan and find the fj55 body press blanks and just make the entire pig out of stainless. Might be heavier but they don't call it a pig for nothing! I bet it would take less time...
Tried

keep that ol mill oiled!

Lipstick got a new carb. Anyone want a Rochester?
20170730_105349.jpg
20170730_105349.jpg
20170730_114158.jpg
20170730_120938.jpg

Bob, I'll take some pics of how I did mine. Looks like the same carb., although mine is a chinese knockoff. But for $85 new I decided to try it. Seems good so far. Pics to follow. Bill

I used a connecter and screws to hold the cables in place. Cut a slot in accerlerator connector because the cable had a swedged on lead piece.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The bracket is attached to the valve cover

Cut connecter in half for the choke cable. The carb had a choke cable hold down. Used a 1/8" bit for drilling holes.

Accel cables are a toughy...SOR had a used one I am still milking...Might look into the more generic type aircraft type cable if I don't just bolt on an EFI manifold and TB...or you can build adrive by wire module with an arduino, a potentiometer, and a servo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom