RED HEADED STEPCHILD. AKA/LIPSTICK ON A PIG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Little history on LIPSTICK, from original owner. This guy documented every single mile he drove, what town or city he drove to, how much gas and oil he used during. Also all the repairs in a record book. Up to the point when he put it away. Just some samples. How he get in there. 2nd one is hard to read but states Sherman that's what he called it. Fell off Mitchell drive and rolled a couple times and landed on left side. That was in 1985 $4008 to repair on February 6th 1986.
IMG_2264.JPG
IMG_2267.JPG
IMG_2262.JPG

I missed that roll over entry, tried to get it back in the mail. Guess it's not as clean as I'd thought,back in '85 that was a big repair bill. Curious to see the evidence you see of this as you tear into it. I apologize, if I'd known about that Before the sale I would have disclosed it.

Mind me asking the specs on your Blue rigs tires??? Looks great on that beast.

Mind me asking the specs on your Blue rigs tires??? Looks great on that beast.

That is a beast! Bob, I forgot you got Ige's blue Pig! Great to see it again.

Interesting those little access covers in the cargo area on the '78. I had never seen those before...

O.K. Gang, have not started teardown yet. I have been giving it a lot of thought. It needs to be precise. Body is coming off. All replacement panels, body mounts ect. Whether they need to be replaced or not. Will be of grade 304L stainless steel. These will be all the current items I make going on LIPSTICK. This PIG will last another 60 years. The DELOREAN OF PIGS.:pig::pig::pig::):):):beer::beer::beer:. Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

Thanks Bob.

Bob,

I look forward to it. Will there be any problems welding the stainless to the steel? I've done it before, but I don't know any better. :) When does the tear down start?

I agree with the idea of a stainless pig. A non rusting pig.:worms:

Im with scrapdaddy on this one, how well does stainless weld to a plain metal like the pigs have? Makes me wish i waited for stainless panels! LOL

Keep up the good work Bob!

O.K. Gang, have not started teardown yet. I have been giving it a lot of thought. It needs to be precise. Body is coming off. All replacement panels, body mounts ect. Whether they need to be replaced or not. Will be of grade 304L stainless steel. These will be all the current items I make going on LIPSTICK. This PIG will last another 60 years. The DELOREAN OF PIGS.:pig::pig::pig::):):):beer::beer::beer:. Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

Thanks Bob.
Whoa!!!

Thanks Bob.
Whoa!!!

Im with scrapdaddy on this one, how well does stainless weld to a plain metal like the pigs have? Makes me wish i waited for stainless panels! LOL

Use a 308/308L filler material and use a tri-mix shielding gas or an argon blend such as 98-2 Ar-O2 or 95-2/95-5 Ar-CO2 and it should work just fine.

Use a 308/308L filler material and use a tri-mix shielding gas or an argon blend such as 98-2 Ar-O2 or 95-2/95-5 Ar-CO2 and it should work just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom