Linex roof on my 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I dropped my 80 at the linex dealer this morning. I had already removed the factory rack and have my new Baja Rack Utility rack in the garage. The top of my 94 cruiser with the RARE Green paint;) was faded and full of holes from the rack. I decided to spray the entire top before putting on my new rack. I will post pics when I pick it up this weekend.

I'm interested in the results too!

What color Line-X coating?
Black?
no bueno for Az...

I'm process of getting another LC w/ lockers...runs nice. but w/ alot of dings...and the green paint issue too.
Looking at Line-X or similar for the sides (brush guard in Az.)
What is cost for top application? I need that too.

Please post pics when done. I'm preparing to line my entire exterior. I Think I'm going to go with tan, with a white roof.

Subscribed. Can't wait for pics. BTW, how did you cover the holes?

Last edited:
I picked it up today. I think it turned out great. I am installing my rack tomorrow. I will also post the before and after pics tomorrow.

looks good, but excuse my ignorance but what is it? paint? ?????

I'm getting my roof Rhino lined next week. I have the RARE paint as well, but my paint still looks awesome but the Rhino lining looks much better. I will get it done on Wednesday and I'll post pictures as well right after...Can't wait!!

That really does look great!

I would probably do the same but got lucky enough to find my LC with no roof rack :)

They ground down the screw areas with a grinding wheel and covered the screw holes with alum. tape. The textured linex made the top uniform. You cannot tell where the holes were. It is also rock hard. I was looking for a permanent fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom