Linex roof on my 80 (1 Viewer)

I dropped my 80 at the linex dealer this morning. I had already removed the factory rack and have my new Baja Rack Utility rack in the garage. The top of my 94 cruiser with the RARE Green paint;) was faded and full of holes from the rack. I decided to spray the entire top before putting on my new rack. I will post pics when I pick it up this weekend.

I'm interested in the results too!

What color Line-X coating?
Black?
no bueno for Az...

I'm process of getting another LC w/ lockers...runs nice. but w/ alot of dings...and the green paint issue too.
Looking at Line-X or similar for the sides (brush guard in Az.)
What is cost for top application? I need that too.

Please post pics when done. I'm preparing to line my entire exterior. I Think I'm going to go with tan, with a white roof.

Subscribed. Can't wait for pics. BTW, how did you cover the holes?

Last edited:
I picked it up today. I think it turned out great. I am installing my rack tomorrow. I will also post the before and after pics tomorrow.

Website
www.holdmypic.com
looks good, but excuse my ignorance but what is it? paint? ?????

I'm getting my roof Rhino lined next week. I have the RARE paint as well, but my paint still looks awesome but the Rhino lining looks much better. I will get it done on Wednesday and I'll post pictures as well right after...Can't wait!!

That really does look great!

I would probably do the same but got lucky enough to find my LC with no roof rack :)

They ground down the screw areas with a grinding wheel and covered the screw holes with alum. tape. The textured linex made the top uniform. You cannot tell where the holes were. It is also rock hard. I was looking for a permanent fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom