Line on a Chevy 5.3 LM7 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wanted to post and get a feel on if I have found a good deal on a donor motor or not. I have found someone selling a 2001 Suburban with an LM7 and 4l60E combo everything is there as it is a running driving (not stopping) Suburban. The towing company who is selling it is asking $700 for the whole vehicle, motor has 257,XXX miles on it. This would be swapped into my '89 Land Cruiser. Thoughts, Opinions?

it is. Lot of miles and if I get it I would be getting it fully expecting to need a rebuild on both the engine and trans. I think the other parts I gain could be worth it though. Any experiences with prices on rebuilding these motors and trans?

The motor will be fine if no one’s messed with it, the greasier the better.
The trans on the other hand is probably junk.
So you’re paying $700 for a 250k mile 5.3 that you have to pull yourself. Might as well go to a pick and pull yard that was a 30 day return policy and pull one for $250

The motor will be fine if no one’s messed with it, the greasier the better.
The trans on the other hand is probably junk.
So you’re paying $700 for a 250k mile 5.3 that you have to pull yourself. Might as well go to a pick and pull yard that was a 30 day return policy and pull one for $250
Not a whole lot at pick and pull in our area

I think by the time you rebuild both you could find something with less miles and be ahead of the game and less hassle... i would rather have an original low mile engine & trans than a rebuilt by who engine and transmission. Also would you just swap that 700 dollar combo in first and run it then down the road pull it back out of your landcruiser and your in Va Beach where you going to store the suburban while pulling everything and after you have pulled everything? I know Va Beach ain't having that..

Call Gary's transmission and get a quote on rebuilding that core 4l60 they do alot of mudbog transmissions its probably over 1000 dollars for them to do the rebuild

If I went forward with this I would reseal the engine and either rebuild the trans or find a low mileage replacement. Before swapping it in. Then get whatever else I need from the suburban and get rid of it. I did my whole spring over in my driveway and never heard from Va Beach so I don’t think I would have any problems pulling a motor out in my driveway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom