lincoln weldpac 3200hd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nuclearlemon

not an addict
Threads
so i won one at the state association meeting today...will it handle all minor fabrication/garage duty/stuff (ie. welding spring perches will most likely be the hardest chore out there), or should i try to sell it and buy a good 220 stick welder (or fix the 1960's-ish one i have...which needs a lot of work)? keep in mind, i'm not a welder, don't claim to be a welder, know nothing about welding...i'm just a poor cruiserhead trying to appease her beasts.

That welder's a piece of junk. Save yourself some frustration and send it to me. I enjoy frustration and would be happy to store it for you. Just kidding. Man, some people have all the luck. Enjoy your new toy and show some pic's of your first few new fab jobs.

It's a nice little welder that can do many small jobs for you but I wouldn't rely on it for anything like a spring perch. Frame work on cruisers is generally 3/16" steel and that's beyond the capacity of a 100 amp welder (despite manufacturer's claims otherwise), even when using flux-cored wire. It COULD do it, but in order to get a soliidly penetrated joint you'd have to use the highest voltage setting with the wirespeed turned down so you could hold the gun over the joint longer than you should letting it just burn in. Probably burn up it's transformer. Trying multiple passes will result in multiple cold beads. Might LOOK good.

I've got one on one of my workbenches. I used to use it for little stuff despite the spatter because it was convenient to use. But I've been thinking of selling it since I put together a welding table with a nearby 220 plugin. Now it's more convenient for me to use my Miller 210 for those little things and the results look better with no spatter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom