Limp Mode? Need your help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
while my wife was driving home from the Boston concert, my LC's transmission went into "limp mode."

My wife calls me and tells me the Check Engine-VSC Trak-VSC Off lights came on and the gas pedal had not effect on the speed she was traveling. The LC coasted/idled home at @ 10 miles an hour.

It's midnight and I have to get up at 5AM, soI haven't had time to search this forum or scan for codes.

What the heck is going on?

I did change the fuel filter on Saturday. The LC had probably 40 minutes of driving on the new filter before all the aforementioned lights and 10mph ish speed

Fuel filter has nothing to do with it.
What was the battery voltage? Low battery voltage can cause a computer controlled transmission to not shift.

I don't know voltage, I will investigate after work today.

I replaced the battery and installed a new alternator in June.

Ok.

Make sure you check the transmission fluid level too, on the bottom of the transmission is a Allen head recessed plug, engine running trans hot (just run it through all the gears in your driveway holding each one for 10sec, repeat twice) remove that plug, if fluid comes pouring out its overfull, if it drips it's at the correct level, if nothing comes out at all its low.
It is a 5mm.

OK, I'm home from work and had a chance to hook up my scanner. CODE P1121 - Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor Range / Performance Problem. Then I found this thread below. It appears that I need a need Accel. Pedal Sensor (APPS).

TPS/APPS problems

I pulled the 20A EFI fuse for a minute -re-installed it- started her up and all of the dash lights are gone.

I am going to clean the APPS with MAF; however, we are taking the LC to the beach (9 drive) and I don't want to have a known problem occur on the trip. Replacement parts are freaking expensive (RockAuto wanted $350). Ebay has them for $80.

Last edited:
This just happened to my 2016 land cruiser, what was the final veredict

For me, it only ever happened that one time. I never changed anything or fixed anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom