Limp mode ignition coils? I Checked FAQ. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1998 LX470 - when cold it goes into limp mode throws code p1325 + p1300. When it gets up to temperature runs fine. Next morning when it’s cold it won’t start until it warms up. So I replaced all the coils. No fix. Checked FAQ and still scratching my head. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P1300 is a general code for igniter malfunction. Don't know if there is a separate igniter vs. like on my old FJ60, or that is what the coil packs are. Do you have access to a scan tool? What did you replace all the coils with (brand wise)? Did you pull the spark plugs to see what their ends looked like, could be nasty and not allowing proper spark..

P13xx are electrical issues, not necessarily a problem with the coils. See the attached inspection procedure.

Some electrical experience and an oscilloscope might be helpful in diagnosing this problem. But at the minimum you can check the wiring with a multimeter and verify proper power & grounds at cylinders 1 (P1300) and 6 (P1325). Also do a load test for the power and grounds using a test bulb.

Attachments

• cip1300p.pdf
    104.5 KB · Views: 458

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom