limited edition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1978freebornred

78 fj40 LE and 79 fj40 LE w/ stock ac
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Hello everyone I have a 1978 FJ40 and the doors have an emblem that says limited edition I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what makes a fj40 limited edition?

I don't have the answer you seek but let's see some pictures of that freeborn red LC, my favorite color of 40.

sorry man i just have a pic the day i bought it id put that up if i can figure it out ... it was primired black when i bought it but thankfully that all came off with some rubbing compound and it looks nice now .

upload the photo to photobucket. then right click the photo, properties, copy the url. put the url in between

With photobucket there is a box with 4 different kinds of links. Copy the "img" link and post it directly here. It'll work until you move that picture to a different photo folder.

It's easier than resizing and manage attachments internally here.

not to speak of the boogered wipers, different height seats and the gas tank door falling off :doh:

Trailer running lights for front blinkers, thats a first. Nice looking starting point for a rig. Post up some good pictures of the rear doors. I am thinking of cutting a pair to make top half stay with the hard top. I have seen one other done like that, it was done like a pro. Something tells me this one might be done like Eddie (Clark Grizwalds brother in law).

Still do not see any picture about the limited addition part. Never heard of that, but get surprises here every day with new stuff. Could have been a dealer thing, or another PO thing.

Factory diamond plate.

depends on the factory; for example, if somebody 'fixed' it behind a mobile home factory.

Don't mind the snyde remarks Freborn, what you have is a solid place to begin a resto-mod. Welcome to the sickness!

The most obvious "Limited Edition" I see is that the top of your brush guard is installed backwards. It is supposed to be vertical, not angled like you have it. That look is like fingernails on a chalk board.

I think that brushguard is for something that does not have a flat vertical front bumper. You can even see the original supports hanging down below the bumper that were suppose to bolt to something.

I now recognize a 'custom' frame connector on the passenger side, too

it also looks like the rocker panel is cut higher in the rear than the front :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom