Liland all aluminum radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

welll I was almost ready to go for it but now..... Welll made in china so no surprise here. Buy American !!!!!

welll I was almost ready to go for it but now..... Welll made in china so no surprise here. Buy American !!!!!

- except when it has anything to do with automobiles.
There, fixed it for ya. ;) I think in this case you want to buy Japanese, for your Japanese truck.

Yeah... One of those radiators is about a third of what I bought my 80 for. They are beautiful but for now I'll stick with the OEM.
The RD are nice but, the biggest advantage is trail fixable (plastic tanks aren't real fixable anywhere, for that matter) and maybe some peace of mind. Ya oughtta think about TYC, though. For the price, you could go through 5 or 6 TYC's for the same $ that you plunk down for a RD. I've heard it said that some of the Arizona 80 owners consider the TYC a consumable. Reason being that they outperform OEM and if you live where it's above 100F for more than 6 months a year, it makes sense.

Yeah... One of those radiators is about a third of what I bought my 80 for. They are beautiful but for now I'll stick with the OEM.
I agree, the Ron Davis radiators are expensive (although "expensive" is a relative notion); however, the chances are that they will last forever, most likely will outlast the truck, whereas the chances that the OEM rad will need to be changed again in the life of the truck are very high... So all in all (all considered including the labour and inconveniences in changing the rad twice...) I firmly believe the Ron Davis radiators are well wort it.

I agree, the Ron Davis radiators are expensive (although "expensive" is a relative notion); however, the chances are that they will last forever, most likely will outlast the truck, whereas the chances that the OEM rad will need to be changed again in the life of the truck are very high... So all in all (all considered including the labour and inconveniences in changing the rad twice...) I firmly believe the Ron Davis radiators are well wort it.
Several of the rads I've changed were no longer efficient, but still looked fine. There's something to be said for a fresh start.

Installed a Liland Model 1918AA in my 1997 LC last weekend.
$195 plus $11 shipping from Rock Auto.
Install went well. No plastic parts to break down. I had a cracked tank on the original.
The design eliminates the side brackets (not the mounts). It was 3/16 less on width so I had to use shim washers to align the lower mounts, but that is better than being slightly too wide.
The fan shroud does not fit tight against the radiator (1/4 gap at the top), but I modified the shroud tabs to make it fit better. I recommend using the bolts left over from the bracket instead of the normal shroud bolts since the are shorter can can't touch the tank.

I have more photos of the fittings if anyone is interested.
I have only done normal driving in 90 degrees outside temp so far and coolant temp is normal.

View attachment 2047097View attachment 2047098
I just bought this radiator for my 91 land cruiser, what has your long term experience been?

i went with a Liland unit after i blew my Ron Davis. It is cooling just as good as my RD i had installed. Pretty happy with my unit.
Sweet! I'll be installing it this weekend, along with the thermostat, clutch fan, belt , and water pump.

Anything else I should do while I'm in there? Going to use one of those DYI garages with a lift bay

Sweet! I'll be installing it this weekend, along with the thermostat, clutch fan, belt , and water pump.

Anything else I should do while I'm in there? Going to use one of those DYI garages with a lift bay

I'm not sure my car is American market I believe I do have an air pump should I replace it?

i went with a Liland unit after i blew my Ron Davis. It is cooling just as good as my RD i had installed. Pretty happy with my unit.
I hadn't heard that you blew your RD. They're expensive and I thought were considered rugged. Can you share the circumstances? The Liland is about the same $ as my TYC and I'm just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom