Likely Returning to the Fold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Afternoon all,

I’ve been a longtime Toyota owner. Five 80/LX450’s, an 87 T4R, and an ‘01 Xtra Cab 5spd TRD Tacoma.

Currently I’ve got a ‘94 FZJ80 and an LX450. I will likely be selling both soon. I looked at a few options. HZJ105 when they come of age, a VZJ or KZJ95, GX470/460 and a few others. I’ve likely circled back to a first Gen Tacoma. Dead reliable, fairly good on fuel, and plenty capable.

However, it’s been a hot minute since I’ve owned my ‘01. It seems to me that virtually every part is easily attainable still. Either used or new from Toyota, and it doesn’t seem to have anything that’s NLA. Does this seem to be the experience of most owners nowadays?

Afternoon all,

I’ve been a longtime Toyota owner. Five 80/LX450’s, an 87 T4R, and an ‘01 Xtra Cab 5spd TRD Tacoma.

Currently I’ve got a ‘94 FZJ80 and an LX450. I will likely be selling both soon. I looked at a few options. HZJ105 when they come of age, a VZJ or KZJ95, GX470/460 and a few others. I’ve likely circled back to a first Gen Tacoma. Dead reliable, fairly good on fuel, and plenty capable.

However, it’s been a hot minute since I’ve owned my ‘01. It seems to me that virtually every part is easily attainable still. Either used or new from Toyota, and it doesn’t seem to have anything that’s NLA. Does this seem to be the experience of most owners nowadays?

Honestly I've been amazed at the availability of factory new Toyota parts. Things that I would think would've been discontinued a long time ago are still easy to get. Some small interior parts may NLA but I think you're making the right choice in getting a 1st gen Taco!

Honestly I've been amazed at the availability of factory new Toyota parts. Things that I would think would've been discontinued a long time ago are still easy to get. Some small interior parts may NLA but I think you're making the right choice in getting a 1st gen Taco!
Always loved my ‘01. Only reason I sold it is I figured my FZJ80 would be my car I’d keep forever. Ive kept it a looong time. But it’s getting harder/more expensive to maintain and find parts for. Also… if I get the 1st Gen, it’ll keep the kid out of my car when we have one. Soon if my wife has her way. 😂

Always loved my ‘01. Only reason I sold it is I figured my FZJ80 would be my car I’d keep forever. Ive kept it a looong time. But it’s getting harder/more expensive to maintain and find parts for. Also… if I get the 1st Gen, it’ll keep the kid out of my car when we have one. Soon if my wife has her way. 😂

You'll be happy you did! I loved my Tacoma but I moved and it was too big for my garage, so I tracked down my 3rd gen 4Runner and bought her back.

If you're mechanically inclined and don't want to pay an arm and a leg for one, don't discount the prerunners. They're capable as is and can be converted to a 4x4 relatively easily.

You'll be happy you did! I loved my Tacoma but I moved and it was too big for my garage, so I tracked down my 3rd gen 4Runner and bought her back.

If you're mechanically inclined and don't want to pay an arm and a leg for one, don't discount the prerunners. They're capable as is and can be converted to a 4x4 relatively easily.
I’m not sure I’m that mechanically inclined. I’ll have to look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom