Like this catch can location? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hammer45

SILVER Star
Threads
I know it’s huge.. In this location I can reach the drain at the bottom of the canister. Is this too far from the suction and is the downhill location ok or even preferable? I’m hoping to go a day or two without a stupid question. I’ll start next month….
64C8E909-8BD7-4836-99D7-C66922C00D25.jpeg

Being far away and downhill won’t cause you any issues as long you empty it out regularly.
I’ve moved mine a couple of times until I found the easiest place to drain it.
Where it sits now, I pull the hood latch when I’m filling the gas tank and take a look. If it needs emptying I have a small jar and drain it while the gas pump it filling.
Mine is super small….1.5 OZ but it’s clear so I can check it easily.

Do they help? Who knows. All I know is that cleaning 230,000 miles of oil/carbon out of my air chamber is a job I shall never want to do again.

1A9801CE-16D2-48F3-A9A1-9F659F74FAB4.jpeg

I never needed one for 300,000 miles & counting. Sure, some blowby oil gets sucked back into the engine, more so on older engines, but so what. It's not like the intake manifold will coke up with carbon

I never needed one for 300,000 miles & counting. Sure, some blowby oil gets sucked back into the engine, more so on older engines, but so what. It's not like the intake manifold will coke up with carbon
I just cleaned the thick gunk out of my intake and it had to be messing with something. Pretty easy to do. I do wonder if the additional “lubrication” was factored into the original design however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom