"Like New" radiator from cruiserparts.net (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So... Once again I find myself in need of an expensive replacement piece for my FJ60. I currently have a hopelessly clogged CSL radiator in my rig. No clue how old it is, but I need to replace it. Cruiserparts.net offers an OEM Toyota radiator "like new" for $175. My question is... Has anyone actually seen a "like new" radiator from them? I'm concerned that a "like new" radiator would still be 30 years old and may look nice but still be clogged with calcium similarly to my CSL. I appreciate any input! Thank you!

Don't dik around buying ancient old used radiators. The radiator is important.

Get a new CSF 2708 and it'll last you a long time. Use green antifreeze with R.O. water and drain/fill every 2 years.

you're going to get a 30 year old radiator from a north east truck cruiser. i can assure you that it would not look nice, it might not even leak much, and probably would keep the engine cool, if you coast down hills and don't try to keep 55mph up hill.
if you would get 6months of trouble free service out of it, i would eat my hat.

Arg. Exactly what I was afraid of. And of course I meant I have a clogged CFS. I love the idea of going completely OEM however I was having the same concerns about an old radiator. I think I'm going to look into some aftermarket options. I was trying to save money but you get what you pay for after all. So I'm leaning towards aftermarket now. Any thoughts towards getting one for less than $400???

Another option, if you have good tanks, a good radiator shop and a couple of days, is to have a radiator made/recored.

I have had this done several times and have been very happy with the results.

The shop can make nearly any size and can add extra rows.

The last one I had done was right around $300

Another option

You used the tag " overheats in traffic". How have you decided it's the rad? Fan clutch? If it is the rad, have you considered cleaning it out with mureatic acid?

Thanks all! Replaced fan clutch, replaced thermostat, water pump definitely pushing coolant well, Tried flushing radiator (as well as entire system) lot of cloudy calcium looking gunk flushed out but still overheating when sitting still too long. Only thing I can figure out now is that the radiator is just still gunked up and not allowing good flow through it. Tempted to get a radiator shop to rebuild it but I can't seem to find a reputable one locally.

Whatever you get, get a good copper/brass one. I have used the Performance Radiators(maybe the same a CFS), got at least 12 years on one.

I had a similar problem for a couple of months. Turned out that the system needed to be burped. Park on an uphill incline, take the cap off, open the seat heater and heater vent on hot and let it run. If it bubbles for a long while, you have air in the lines. Took me 30 minutes but I was worried it was a head gasket. Worth a try, mine stays in the middle of the gauge now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom