Builds When your inner voice speaks, you need to listen. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you tried installing one to see if it will work?
Not w/ the puck and bushing... fairly sure the short ones won’t work. I just replaced one mount tho all Toyota parts but I doubt they’re much different size.

Have you tried installing one to see if it will work?
What I did was sweat my ass off and get the nut to bite on a single thread, and from there torqued down the first couple. The four long ones were major pains in my ass to get started, but if I could get them to bite I was able to torque them down and the poly bushing would compress as I torqued them down enough to get the bolt through the nylock. Another 1/4 inch of bolt would have made my life a hell of a lot easier. I did have to find a slightly thinner washer for one of them, else I couldn't get the nut to bite. Anyway, that's behind me now, time to finish the sheet metal and get this joker ready for paint.

You used those short ones? All this work and your gonna half ass body mount hardware?

You used those short ones? All this work and your gonna half ass body mount hardware?
No, they are shorter than stock (by 1/8" or so) but the key difference between stock and the new hardware is the use of nylocks on the new stuff, the originals used a nut and lock nut. The extra nut required a longer bolt. The nylock prevents the need for the locknut, so shorter is ok. If the bolts were an eighth inch longer it would have been way easier to get the nut started, but once started the bushings compressed enough so the nut was fully on the bolt.

I updated the thread name to more accurately describe my near constant state of mind with this project.

Haha ok, that makes more sense! When I got the notification there was a reply I couldn't place the thread.

Progress!!

He’s having too much fun driving the H5 he picked up way cheap... lucky bas%%rd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom