Lights....windshield tab mount....and alt. ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TJDIV

UP of MI.
Threads
Website
www.roamwherever.com
I put on the Hella Black Magic lights last night.....they're good lights, but IMO too big to mount on the windshield tabs. I can't help but think I'd smash them up on branches, etc.

Anyahoo...

Any good suggestions on lights for the windshield tabs? I have another set of the Hella BM's I can pick up, but want to check around. I don't want some cheap Wal-Mart issue s*** either.

Also, from what I've gathered on the spectacular searches I've done: I figured on running a new OEM alternator to power the lights. Headlights, and 4 aux lights. Not running all the time, etc. Have a Red Top Optima and carry a jump charger and plug into a battery charger after extended use of winch/lights.

Any help with lights issss Thhhuper.... :beer:

I will not ever mount lights on the windshield frame again. Too many things get caught on them.

Imstall a high-output GM alt, and be done with it.

Good luck!

-Steve

Poser said:
I will not ever mount lights on the windshield frame again. Too many things get caught on them.

Imstall a high-output GM alt, and be done with it.

Good luck!

-Steve

See, I had the Hella's up there and even though the tabs are there, are solid, etc....I just couldn't see putting lights up there. I had a set on the hood (hood hold down brackets) of that black FJ40 and they weren't bad....

Hell....I don't know.

High out-put GM Alt. huh? I'll check into that.

Poser said:

-Steve

WORD!

Also useless when you fold the windshield down! ;p

check 84 camaro alt. its rated 105 amps, sorry dont have part #

5"spots on windshield frame (confer mounting brackets, thanks Mike)
5" floads on front bumper.

Rubicon tested,
manny
truck.jpg
truck1.jpg

Last edited:
a few other examples:
light1.jpg
light2.jpg

I'm going to try some Hella FF50's to see if they'll work. The Black Magics are actually pretty damn bright........

Figured I'm just going to call the alternator shop here, see what they think. That way I've got someone here in town I can go to to beat on if it don't work right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom