Lights went dim, no radio, no blinkers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.w2m.com
Driving home from work tonight in my 74 FJ40...

Went to put my blinker on and all kinds of s*** stated to go wrong.....didn't have time to examine anything, basically park it in the dark and run inside.....I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt with no top on my cruiser, freezing my ass off...Exilerating ;p

Hoping just a fuse, but seems like more.....anyone quess what it might be before I can check it out.

Batt?

lights

happened to me on my 69 40. the high low switch has gone bad on the floor causing it to short. replace the switch and fuse and you will be good to go.

Spence

my 73 doesnt have that switch on the floor so i would imagine that a 74 wouldnt either.
check all fuses,check alt amperage,check chassis ground,voltage regulator?sounds like a power issue. no electrical skills for me really.sorry.

Simple fix this AM, couple fuses and done. thx for the info.

Also fixed a loud squeek that has been bugging the hell out of me since I had the water pump and belts changed....

Darn air filter cover was not tight and was squeeking like a banshee at 2000 RPM...sounded like the engine was going to blow, put a nut on , tightened it down and no more squeel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom